Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders. We are looking for candidates for the position of R&D Scientist to perform research in the field of power electronics topology and control. You will be part of the Hitachi Energy Research team to develop cutting edge power electronics technologies
- You will perform research and development for next generation technology in power electronics, such as energy storage inverter, EV charger, PV/wind inverter, MVDC, high power rectifier, etc.
- You will perform prototyping and experiment in the lab.
- You will collaborate and support all business units and ensure successful execution of research projects.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- PhD (or master degree with 3+ years of research experience) majored in power electronics related areas.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: application of power electronics in power system (e.g. HVDC, FACTS, and BESS), control theory, mathematical optimization, battery management system, cost reduction, reliability, electromagnetic simulation, data analytics, AI/ML, etc. EMC design experience in PCB layout analysis, grounding/shielding and filter design, EMI simulation, EMC testing and certification etc. will be a plus.
- Strong competence in one or more of the following areas: power electronics topology analysis and development, converter modelling and control, converter design optimization, high frequency magnetic design, electronic design, gate driver unit design, thermal management, power device characterization, WBS device application, etc.
- Proficient in computation and simulation tools, e.g., Matlab, Simulink, PSCAD, PLECS, etc. Solid theoretical background with publications in renowned transactions / journals.
- Excellent innovation capability and competence of application-oriented research. Self-motivated, high curiosity and ability to learn new technologies. Fluent English in both speaking and writing.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Be able to travel abroad, including short-term job rotation as required.