The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- As a Senior Project Engineer, you will work mainly with electrical design of main circuit equipment in projects with medium to high complexity.
- Specify main circuit equipment and perform equipment related studies. Complete assignments on projects cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements. Coordinate high voltage equipment design including review of technical documents, evaluation of designs, technical support across different disciplines and projects
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment are communicated and agreed with potential suppliers
- Witness tests of equipment and participate in commissioning on site
- Provide technical evaluation of supplier proposals and accept as fit for purpose supplied equipment.
- Collaborate with system design, mechanical design, and control for continuous improvement
- Interact directly with customers and suppliers as well as work in project teams where technical coordination within scope and technical problem solving is part of the role
- Attend project meetings and present specific aspects of engineering assignments
- Maintain network of engineering professionals and share engineering best practice across different projects and disciplines
- Live Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- B. Tech/ B.E. (Electrical) with 3 years / Masters in Power System with 1 year of experience from a reputed university in Equipment design.
- Extensive knowledge of Power Systems studies and modelling of electrical network.
- Knowledge on IEC/IEEE standards is highly preferred.
- Understanding and design of Electrical Power Systems
- Proven skills in using computers as a calculation tool.
- Experience of power system simulation tools such as PSSE, EMTDC /PSCAD and calculations in Matlab / Mathcad.
- Extensive knowledge of Power Systems equipment and their purpose, such as Power Transformers, Capacitors, Reactors, Instrument Transformer and measuring equipment, Circuit Breakers, Disconnector, Surge Arrester etc.
- Knowledge in selection, sizing and integration of above equipment based on customer functional specification. .