ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
- Understands and follows company safety requirements while maintaining a clean and safe work environment for all. Report potential hazards, accidents and or injuries to your supervisor immediately.
- Dependable attendance, efficient use of time and ability to work overtime, as needed.
- Knowledge of the proper operation of all tools, chemicals and equipment necessary to perform job duties.
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate positively with Management, Co-Workers, Vendors and Customers. Always presenting yourself in a professional manor (Dress Code).
- Drive and deliver orders to Canadian customers.
- Knowledgeable in the proper use of bridge / jib crane operation, lifting rigging and proper securing of all objects. Certified in forklift operation.
- Keep accurate report forms - Dailey Drivers Log, Daily Vehicle Inspection and Movement of Goods.
- Follow all DOT regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain vehicle maintenance and cleanliness.
- Notify manager of any vehicle issue so it can be repaired.
- Plan dump runs when required to remove unsightly debris.
- Assist in warehouse duties to include picking and packaging orders and organizing as needed.
- Perform additional duties assigned by management and strive for continual improvement in all areas of responsibility.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Valid driver’s license providing proof of 21 years of age or older to make commercial deliveries into Canada.
- Clean driving record with no traffic violations.
- Obtain a Health Card needed to make deliveries into Canada.
- Ability to follow company instructions and procedures required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with fellow employees and management required.
- Count, add, subtract, multiply, read and comprehend are required.
- Write job documentation and reporting needs required.
- Operate company software used in company operations preferred.
- Forklift certification training is required and available through the organization.