As a Logistics Coordinator at JR Automation in South Carolina, you represent a critical on-site presence to internal customers at both our Liberty and Greenville locations.
NOTE: This position will require the selected candidate to work from both locations so a willingness to travel between Liberty and Greenville is a must.
What You'll Do:
- Perform Receiving function and process Receiving transactions in business information systems.
- Performs validation on all incoming shipments to ensure Supplier’s paperwork matches the physical items received, as well as JR’s purchase order. Resolves discrepancies with Purchasing team.
- Verifies quantity of items physically received matches JR and supplier’s records (Purchase Order, Packing List, etc.).
- Schedule all order pick‐up and deliveries related to LTL freight and small parcel packages (i.e. FedEx/UPS).
- Adhere to all client shipping guidelines and standards including routing and packaging instructions.
- Coordinates with other functional areas and logistics team members to implement best practices, with the end goal of driving improved continuous material flow.
- Engages build team and engineers in Quality Control review on all incoming shipments.
- Demonstrates strong working relationships with internal and external customers, including coworkers, management, carriers, supply chain and vendors.
- Delivers timely communications on exceptions or unforeseen changes in shipping, as well as shipment status, tracking information, insurance and claim detail, etc.
- Represents a critical on‐site presence to internal customers and maintains a proper professional approach in all types of interactions.
- Ensures purchasing, receiving, and accounting related documentation is routed correctly and filed accurately and neatly.
- Processes problem invoices through the enlighten platform.
- Initiates PRS process for all JR returns, including logging and tracking root cause reason codes.
- Works with Build team to develop and organize material and material storage areas throughout the building in support of the line side stocking program.
- Delivers materials to job shelves throughout the building to support line side stocking program. Stages skids and other bulk material to plant locations based on point of use stocking program.
- Performs material “check in” process to indicate materials that have been delivered to the build team.
- Must be able to effectively load and unload all types of machinery and equipment from all types of trucks and trailers used by JR, customers, and suppliers.
- Track and manage fleet car sign‐out at each respective BU location.
Note: This list of responsibilities is not inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three or more years experience in a business environment.
- Logistics, Material Management or Supply Chain experience preferred.
Skills You’ll Have:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proven ability to accept direction and complete tasks as assigned while working as part of a team or individually.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as required.
At JR Automation, our team of experts leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to meet the automation needs of our customers all over the world. Founded in 1980, JR Automation now has over 2,200 employees at 27 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Come think, solve, and create with us!