As a Lead Electrician, you will assist with design & development, provide leadership on projects and mentor other Electricians. Your experience will include electrical work within construction, residential, commercial or manufacturing industries. You’ll work alongside our Build, Applications, Controls, and Mechanical Engineering teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions for every application, process, and industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist Engineering in the development phase
- Lead project and assist project teams assigned during the electrical assembly phase.
- Plan, organize, and control the build process and related costs.
- Work cross functionally with all departments during all phases of the project including de-bug and runoff.
- Verify arrival of materials to ensure they are available when needed.
- Keep the project team up to date on key project detail, and keep the team informed on workload, and hours required.
- Drive best practice and cost savings opportunities with the electrical team.
- Assign and track tasks for the project team so that all resources are used to their full potential.
- Strive to achieve the highest level of performance from each team member as it relates to their individual ability.
- Provide team member concerns/issues to Sr. Leads and Managers surrounding employee expectations, so management can provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to insure employees meet company expectations as needed.
- Support, promote, and execute company initiatives
- Ensure that changes and problems get documented and communicated.
- Provide timely customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Communicate to the Sr. Lead Electrician, Electrical Manager and Project Manager on open issues, milestones, release status, timing, hours, and budget concerns.
- Responsible to assist the Sr. Lead Electrician and Electrical Manager in developing the electrical team through leadership, experience, positive attitude, encouragement, and training.
- Support the quoting team by giving input on concepts, hours, and material costs.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Demonstrate a commitment to upholding the highest standards of safety, on time delivery, and quality of our products.
- Assist Sr. Lead Electrician and Electrical Manager on holding team accountable to company policy and procedure.
- Effectively and safely: Troubleshoot wiring and circuits; Wire according to NEC; Read and understand schematics.
- Coordinate tear down and installation. This begins in the design phase to help the engineer break up the job into sections sized to ship. Determine sequence of tear down and figure out tools and resources to do install.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma, or equivalent certification.
- At least 4 years of electrical experience.
- Experience can include electrical work within construction, residential, commercial or manufacturing industries
- Related vocational education preferred.
- Journeyman’s card preferred.
Skills You’ll Have:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate Excel.
- Proficient in: Schematic interpretation, Panel building, Machine Wiring and Troubleshooting.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a focus on safety and quality.
- Proven ability to accept and give direction, set expectations, and hold team members accountable to meet timing, budget, and customer expectations.
- Ability to train and mentor.
- Ability to maintain a steady pace while bending, kneeling, climbing ladders, and climbing onto and beneath machines.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as required.
- Ability to obtain a Hi-Lo (Fork Lift), Aerial Platform and Overhead Crane license, along with Lock Out Tag Out training, while employed at JR.
- Ability to provide own hand tools and tool box suitable for the job (a list of those recommended will be provided).
- Travel at least 20% of the time may be required. This may include domestic and international travel depending on the project.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!