Senior Consultant - Infrastructure SecurityMeet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in an Information Security role of increasing responsibility.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience securing hybrid cloud and containerized applications
- Experience deploying and maintaining common security solutions such as EDR (Crowdstrike), NDR (ExtraHop), WAF (Cloudflare, AWS), Email Security (Proofpoint, Agari, Abnormal), Cloud Security (Prisma) and Vulnerability Management (Nessus, Vulcan)
- Experience developing tools and automation using common DevOps technologies and programming languages
- Strong hands on terraform experience and ability to automate deployments in cloud.
- Experience with Cloud environments (AWS, GCP). Strong technical knowledge on AWS Infrastructure services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, S3, vpc, vpn, tgw, cloudwatch, cloudtrail, eventbridge, etc.
- Migrate applications/services from Cloudflare to AWS/GCP WAF and onboard new applications/services to AWS/GCP WAF .
- Design, test, and deploy additional WAF security features such as rate limiting and geofencing .
- 3 years of experience with Cloudflare, AWS, Azure and GCP WAFs
- Experience onboarding applications in a WAF
- Terraform experience for deployment.
- Experience deploying and tuning WAF functionality, such as rate limiting and geofencing
- They must have solid Infrastructure as Code (IaC) experience, i.e. building and deploying cloud environments using Terraform or similar and a good grasp of some best practices around these processes
- We'd also like to ensure they have experience specifically with a cloud native WAF (GCP or AWS) and cloud networking in general, of course using IaC to plan, deploy and maintain state, and ideally experience migrating services behind a WAF.
- Collaboration using Jira to track work and Slack to communicate
- Ability to work collaboratively with a global team
- Can work autonomously, deliver with minimal supervision from a set of requirements
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Has excellent communication skills to work as a member of a team
- Ability to function in an agile-based environment and provide good daily feedback on team stand-up call
- Good communication skills - verbal / written
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Chal