Job ID: R0016637
Date Posted: Apr 4, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail USA is seeking a Rolling Stock Project Manager in support of our North American Vehicle projects. The Rolling Stock Project Manager will work closely with the Head of Program Management to ensure the accomplishment of onshore activities for the assigned projects. The position will be based in the Baltimore, MD Area, with the ability for occasional remote work with some travel to our manufacturing plant in Florida and customer locations in the United States.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Accountabilities include (but are not limited to):
• Ensure the on time, on budget and on quality delivery of the assigned project.
• Ensure target achievement of the assigned project in terms of Costs, Revenues, Margin and Cash-in.
• Ensure positive Client relationships by ensuring a direct interface with the client.
• Contribute to the promotion of business opportunities and manage the Change/Variation Orders.
• Ensure contract claims preparation and disputes handling in accordance with contract provisions (e.g. identifying and applying any preventive/corrective action.)
• Ensure the completion of specific assigned activities and tasks of the project (e.g. preparation of Payment Certificates; preparation of Variation Orders, updating of any Claims, etc.)
• Manage risk by interfacing with the appropriate stakeholders, managing contingencies and authorizing of their release.
• Manage the project schedule towards external (contractual) and internal stakeholders, overseeing the appropriate internal support functions.
• Track and optimize defined KPIs throughout the assigned project.
• Prepare and deliver monthly project progress reports and presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensure analysis and records of Project documents and Contract administration (providing analysis, keeping records) • Ensure the preparation of Letters or reporting for the Project.
• Ensure the management of Project document control in the project SharePoint.
• Ensure Work in progress and accounts payable reporting and analysis.
• Promote a Zero Harm culture through the implementation and communication of applicable EH&S Policies and Procedures.
• Sub-Contractor management.
• Graduate in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical background. PMP® certification or equivalent, or able to obtain certification within twelve months of hire.
Fluent in English.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing projects.
• Good collaboration and communication skills (written and verbal).
• Experience working in a matrix organization.
• Intercultural experience and collaboration with international team players.
• Knowledge of Earned Value Management.
• Willingness to travel 20-30% of the time.
The preferred candidate will have a background in rolling stock manufacturing, maintenance, or another rail-related experience.
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at www.hitachirail.com/careers/ It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected].
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.