Summary of the position:
A highly visible front-line position leading a material handler team. Leads team responsible for the material movement and handling within the production and warehouse facilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist Supervisor in, and lead in Supervisor’s absence, the day-to-day allocation of resources to achieve production targets.
- Identify, develop, and implement best practices in safety, quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction.
- Understand and communicate work priorities based on customer needs and resource availability.
- Ensure the team has all necessary parts, tools, information, and instructions in their area.
- Report all barriers to production with a sense of urgency.
- Use problem-solving skills and root cause analysis to resolve and/or mitigate operational issues.
- Assist in training employees on the weekly safety topics and ensure compliance to all safety policies.
- Read, interpret and follow basic engineering drawings, P&I, assembly drawings, WD drawings, specifications, work instructions, bills of materials, and other written instructions.
- Have the aptitude to learn, perform, and then ultimately train others to perform all production tasks in their assigned area.
- Understand quality specifications and inspection criteria in the work areas and train others to the same.
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
- Operate material handling equipment, including forklifts and overhead cranes.
- Ensure use of proper material handling practices and maintain inventory control through accurate transactions.
- Promote a culture of inclusion and teamwork to ensure a high performing team.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates degree or other post high school training (2 years duration) preferred
- Supply Chain Management certification, such as CLA and CLT, a plus
- Three of more years of shop floor material handling and/or manufacturing experience
- Forklift, crane, and other material handling operations
- One or more years of leadership experience preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience working as a critical team member and leading a team requiring minimal supervision
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to teach and train others
- Computer skills (i.e., spreadsheets, data entry, email)
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, and interpret information from measurement devices
- Lifting up to 35 lbs, lifting over 35 lbs. requires a lifting device, crane, or assistance from another associate
- Standing and walking minimum of 8 hours, must be able to bend/stoop, squat/crouch, kneel and twist
- Must understand and comply with Sullair Safety Standards
- Ability to work flexible shifts and overtime
- Assertive, Passionate, Critical Thinking, Process Driven, Good Communication Skills, Team Oriented