This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: R0018401
Date Posted: Jun 15, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY MEXICO, S.A. DE C.V.
Profession (Job Category): Quality Management
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Energy Mexico is seeking a Supplier Quality & Development Professional for its SSDP Program in the American Region (AMC), which includes activities in Mexico,United States, Colombia, Argentina, and Peru. The Supplier Sustainability Development Program (SSDP) is a Global Supplier initiative that aims to supplier engagement to uphold human rights and decent working conditions, ensure safe and environmentally sound operations and comply with relevant regulatory requirements in the supply chain. The goal of the SSDP Program is to ensure compliance with the Hitachi Energy Supplier Code of Conduct and support key suppliers with the continuous improvement of their sustainability performance. This is achieved through internal awareness training and capacity building, supplier training, supplier assessments (on-site audits), implementation of corrective actions, and monitoring of supplier sustainability performance.
Possible Locations : San Luis Potosí or CDMX.
This role is eligible to participate in the Hybrid work model (schedule to be defined).
The position has a key role in the regional supply chain structure, carrying out supplier audits to all business units, as well been responsible for keeping the current program strategy in the region. The dominant focus activities are with suppliers in the United States, Mexico, and Colombia.
• He/She will be responsible for the SSDP Program in the American region, which includes Mexico, United States, Colombia, Argentina, and Peru, reporting to the regional and global managers.
• Sustain the SSDP audits in assigned region, including tasks such as audit supplier nomination, supplier training & preparation, supplier audit ( on-site) , audit reports, corrective action plan monitor, KPIs and so on.
• Lead, coordinate and monitor supplier sustainability CAPA (corrective action plan) follow-ups; ensure quality of CAPA by routine in-depth reviews.
• Plan and carry out internal and external supplier sustainability training and awareness sessions (face-to-face and remote, live and recorded, Spanish and English) covering social accountability, Labor laws, health and safety, and environmental standards and interacted topics.
• Identify, contract, monitor and drive performance of third-party service provider(s). Required administrative processes within the assigned region (e.g. contracting, intragroup agreements, invoicing, etc.)
•Analyze the level of local implementation / performance and take actions to close gaps, as appropriate
• Assess and communicate local budget requirements and help secure the budget in the covered countries.
•Quarterly KPI report and regular status updates to regional & global program management.
• Write and/or update regional and local instructions, guidelines, and communication, as needed
• Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• Demonstrate a strong commitment towards health and safety standards and guidelines, management systems, and procedures.
• Communicate health and safety initiatives, social accountability, processes, and procedures throughout the organization to ensure all stakeholders have a common and uniform understanding about the SSDP global expectation versus the legal standards in the respective country.
• Good communication and interpersonal skill. Ability to work in a diverse, dynamic and remote environment.
• Bachelor's and/or master's degree in one of the disciplines: Business, engineering, Health Safety & Environment, or related field with a minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
Preferred previous experience in procurement, supplier quality assurance, supplier qualification life cycle , Internal & external audits, social responsibility and correlated areas.
• Experience in dealing with customers and associations in aspects related to Social, Labor rights, corporate responsibility , health & Safety, and environmental regulations as well standards such as ISO-9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 (Internal and external auditor certification is an advantage)
• Desirable familiarity with the industrial processes in a shop floor environment.
• Must have excellent analytical capabilities to analyze potential hazards, social exposures, compliances or non-compliances, identify safety concerns, and recognize practices that could harm workers and the environment. Ability to Audit and Incident Reporting.
• Quality & Process acumen to analyze and generate business cases to support the SSDP Program in their sustainability targets.
• Working experience in an international team and feel confident in managing change through a dotted line organization
• Flexibility to travel up to 20 % of your time domestically and internationally.
• Must have a Drive License (Mexico as default).
• Proficiency in English, written and spoken alike. Portuguese is a plus.
• United States VISA B1/B2 for business travels is a Plus.
• Desirable knowledge of SAP and procurement tools.
• Experienced with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Power Point etc.)