***This is a position for Hitachi Industrial Equipment & Solutions America, LLC ***
- Start up and installation of industrial printing systems which include thermal ink jet printers, small and large character printers, CIJ printers, laser printers and labeling equipment.
- Perform repairs and maintenance on equipment at customer sites.
- Provide customer training on the use and maintenance of equipment during installations and as requested by customers.
- Perform trials/demos with equipment at customer sites.
- Document service calls and installations when completed by filling out service reports.
- Provide technical support to customers by phone, email or on-site visits.
- Follow up on installations and trials/demos.
- Occasional preparation of trade shows/exhibitions.
- Report daily to the service manager on the progress/status of demos, trials, installations,
service calls and or repairs.
- Work with Sales, Service and Management to grow business.
- Be willing to learn new equipment/ processes, by attending training and/ or participating in educational opportunities. Training might require some travel within the United States.
- Be willing to travel and support the product line where needed.
- Provide support to our customers during normal working hours, Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm. After hours and weekends will occasionally be necessary.
- Field service experience, specifically with industrial CIJ printers, case coders, labeling equipment and laser printers is a plus.
- AS degree in electronics or equivalent training/experience in the industrial printing and labeling industry.
- General knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems.
- Self-starter - able to work independently while still communicating to the customer and supervisor.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Take and follow direction and established processes.
- Positive contribution and collaboration for continuous improvement.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of computers (e.g., Word and Excel).
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
- Must be willing to travel and work overtime when necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry 60 lbs. of equipment for a short distance.