Supplier Quality & Development Engineer
Job ID: R0018614
Date Posted: May 25, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY (CHINA) LTD.
Profession (Job Category): Quality Management
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
- You will drive the supplier qualification/re-qualification process and ensure the supply base is and remain fully qualified and compliant.
- You will drive Production Part Approval process according to BU instruction. monitor sample, 0-series quality and make improvement. Require often close coordination with other functions/experts like engineering and where applicable includes PPAP.
- You will perform required product surveillance at supplier manufacturing site.
- You will operationally lead and fast execute upcoming supply issues like quality issues, late deliveries, non-conforming products or project services. For any issue with likely root cause supplier, prepare a claims case for the responsible buyer.
- By Lean6Sigma and risk-based methodologies, identify needed improvements of supplier base capabilities and performance to ensure conformance with Customer and Business Unit requirements and the implementation of category strategy both on short and long term.
- Establish development plans for identified areas based on the assessments/ supplier data and carry out the development plan with necessary resources from supplier and Business Unit.
- You will ensure Early Supplier Involvement (ESI) in product development activities to maximize capture of supplier innovation and improvements in Quality, Delivery, Cost and Risk level.
- You will develop and support targeted suppliers to achieve ongoing conformity with Customer and Business Unit requirements and continuous improvement in quality, e.g. reduction of variation and cost or increase of sustainability, service/delivery performance.
- Monitor and report supplier performance (KPIs), quality issues, and development actions.
- Initiate and lead, or support, required Supplier Performance Evaluations (SPE).
- You will complete special quality/quality management projects, as required.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s graduation or above in Electrical or mechanical engineering.
- 3 years of work experience relating to quality management.
- Knowledge of high voltage and quality assurance, process control is preferred.
- Familiar with manufacturing process, e.g., Machining, Casting (Al & Insulating part), Welding, sliver plating etc.
- Proficiency in the use of SAP, 8D, 6 Sigma tools include statistical analysis (e.g., Minitab, MSA, SPC).
- Good English skills written and oral.
- Well-developed analytical abilities, systematically problem-solving and quality improvement skill.
- Excellent coordination and communication skills.