Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Telecom Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples, Italy.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Assure the design and implementation of the Telecommunication System in order to achieve the requirements in terms of compliance, schedule, quality and cost imposed by the different contracts either for the Tender and Projects.
- Ensure the identification, the management and the fulfillment of the contractual requirements and customer requests
- Analyze customer supplied system specifications, decomposing the statements within such specifications into software requirements
- Identify gaps between customer requirements and Hitachi standard software products or COTS products
- Developing close working relationship with customer Telecom representatives
- Create requirement documents, including high level design documents, interface control design documents and detailed software requirements and specifications, and requirements traceability documents.
- Be the primary technical interface to the customer throughout the life cycle of the project and act as technical liaison relative to the software development effort with other departments within the company working on the same project.
- Contribute to the identification and resolution of the interfaces with the main subsystems (e.g. Signaling, Cyber, SCADA, Physical Security, etc.)
- Interface with internal customers (project managers, construction managers, project engineers, and application engineers) and external stakeholders (customers, suppliers, subcontractors, local authorities, external assessor) to ensure consistent communication and system integration.
- Develop and execute security management plan and commissioning plan, including resourcing, logistics, and scheduling. Onsite lead for commissioning and acceptance testing.
- Coordinate work sequences, schedules, resources and punch list items.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and execute testing protocols to achieve commercial operation, based on contractual requirements.
- Oversee commissioning and acceptance testing of the entire plant in a safe manner, including controls and communication networks, power supplies, auxiliary systems like fire detection, ventilation, HMI.
- Provide local/remote technical support troubleshooting during commissioning, and operation as needed.
- Develop customer training and handoff material to internal and external O&M teams. Develop a train-the-trainer program to enable successful handoffs for safe operation of the plant.
- Create professional project reports for internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Drive continuous improvement on developing and capturing technical problem solving knowledge to enable other organizations to effectively resolve customer problems and inquiries.
- Ownership of administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to: service reports, issue logging/tracking, job safety analysis, quality compliance.
- Guarantee the preparation and approval of the Design:
- Conceptual Design
- Detail and Final Design
- FAT Factory Acceptance Test
- SAT Site Acceptance Test
- SIT Site Integration Test
The Telecom engineer shall be able to:
- Act keeping in mind the impacts of his/her own work on the whole “Company system” and understanding the economic consequences of his/her activities both on client and organizational perspectives. Propose simple and efficient solutions to meet customer needs.
- Commit to understanding and delivering against customer requirements, keeping them informed about progress on a specific activity/project. Actively seek information to understand customer circumstances, problems, expectations and needs.
- Provide contributions in defining personal stretching goals. Focus on new or more effective ways of improving his/her own work and meeting targets. Commit to exceed expectations.
- Set stretching and realistic targets for him/herself and his/her team, improving performance and benchmarks against industry standards and competition. Recognize and celebrate the achievement of milestones and goals.
- Understand areas of improvement and define a personal development plan to follow whose progress is regularly checked. Welcome new assignments for personal development.
- Understand markets and industrial trends and their changes and how they may impact the Company/the Group. Keep him/herself updated on products, services, markets and clients in order to plan activities.
- Adapt to different cultures and international environments establishing relationships that create business benefit.
- Accommodate for cultural differences to improve effectiveness and adapt leadership style depending on the situation (adherence to the team’s expectations).
- Compare him/herself and his/her team against the international best practices. Encourage the contribution of different people with different experiences and backgrounds in order to optimize outcomes. Pursue opportunities to learn about other cultures using an open-minded approach.
- Seek opportunities to expand and leverage knowledge across organizational boundaries. Draw upon multiple and diverse sources for ideas and inspiration. Examine and evaluate potential solutions before accepting any.
- Review performance and learn from mistakes. Be aware of technological/organizational developments that could provide innovative solutions to improve performance and add value. Target important innovation areas and develop solutions addressing meaningful work issues.
- Follow up the supplier of the Telecommunication technologies. Review the technical documentation produced by the supplier before the submittal to the Customer.
- Analyze the comments and requests received by the Customer on the Design and the Commissioning phases.
- Participate to the Factory and Site acceptance tests with the Customer.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Telecommunications System Architectures and Solutions
- ISO 27001 and 27005
- EN 50159
- NFPA 130 and NFPA 72
- IEC 62443 family
- Backbone Transmission Systems and Elements
- IP Networking - Wired & Wireless
- System Integration knowledge
- SIEM technology Knowledge
- Firewall Knowledge
- Cisco Certificate CCNA, CCNA Security or CCNP is preferable title.
Desired Skills & Knowledge
- Wireless Communication Systems
- Trunked Mobile Radio Systems
- Public Carrier Systems and Services
- Wiring Rules, cables, Codes and Regulations
- Network Management Systems
Knowledge of the main organizational processes:
- Bidding & costs estimation
- Facilitation of Customer meetings and workshops
- Project Plans & Procedures
- Project progress and reporting
- Interface Plans and Definitions
- Technical Documentation Development and Writing
- Factory Construction Processes
- System Integration & FAT Processes
- Equipment Installation Processes
- Test & Commissioning Processes
- Quality assurance
- Change management process
Education & Experience
- As minimum Bachelor’s , preferred master Degree in Telecom Engineering Degree or in descending order Computer/Information Science, Electronic Engineering
- 5 years of Telecom System Engineering expertise as minimum.
- Railway experience is preferred but also experiences in other telecom sectors can be considered (e.g. Airport, telecom operators, etc.).
- Fluent English language
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.careers.hitachi.com.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail