Job ID: R0016681
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2024
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: HITACHI RAIL STS S.P.A.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated SIGNALLING COMMISSIONING ENGINEER who thrives in a dynamic environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of strategic tasks as described below. The position is based in Piossasco (TO), Italy but requires a willingness to work in the field on national and international projects.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Supporting the Commissioning Manager in the definition, organisation, and execution of commissioning activities related to a project
- Execution and responsibility for the testing and commissioning activities of a railway signalling system, from the end of installation to the start of operation
- Conducting all testing and commissioning activities in full compliance with company standards, contractual requirements, project planning, approved test procedures, quality, safety, and environmental objectives
- Creating and issuing all certification documentation and test reports
- Management and guidance of assigned resources to perform test activities jointly
- Timely identification and reporting of non-conformities and delays in commissioning activities to its Manager and the Project Team
- Management of hardware and software documentation and configuration in the field
- Identification and resolution of system and subsystem problems
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure during intense periods of testing and commissioning activities
- Willingness to work flexibly and efficiently in support of the project which may include shift rotation, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to interact with the customer and project team in a professional manner
- Maintenance and development of own professional skills and abilitie
Required skills & knowledge
- Working knowledge of electrical/electronics and telecommunications
- Knowledge and experience of implementation engineering processes covering equipment installation, testing, commissioning, trials
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Linux, and/or Unix operating systems and Microsoft Office package
- Basic operational knowledge of one or more rail and/or metro traffic command and control systems
- (preferable) Several years experience in the field of railway signaling
- (preferable) Understanding of software programming logic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel frequently to railway and metro installations in Italy and abroad
High school diploma in the field of electrical/electronics, or computer science; preferably a Bachelor's or Master's degree, with an equivalent technical background.
Good knowledge of both written and spoken English; language certification preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.careers.hitachi.com.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail