Hitachi Energy is seeking a R&D Senior Power Electronics Engineer for its Mt. Pleasant, PA or Raleigh, NC locations.
- Conduct a wide range of highly complex engineering activities encompassing power inverter design. Develop recommendations based on sound engineering practices and business considerations. Serve as consultant to senior management and major customers regarding advanced technical studies, their potential application and the resolution of complex problems. Contribute to engineering projects of major significance to the company.
- Establish schedules and resource requirements for assigned work packages. Coordinate critical aspects of projects and serve as technical advisor to senior management. Determine most effective means of accomplishing objectives and coordinate related engineering activities. Propose actions designed to promote customer satisfaction.
- Provide recommendations regarding analytical studies related to power inverters. Analyze engineering aspects of proposed programs, develop proposals and coordinate associated activities.
- Serve as technical consultant, advisor and spokesperson for the organization on highly significant matters and exert considerable influence regarding focus and direction of engineering activities.
- Design and develop highly complex models or simulations of systems and conduct independent engineering studies encompassing sophisticated analytical techniques, novel and unconventional approaches. Analyze new proposals, requirements, specifications and products. Maintain awareness of state-of-the-art technology, anticipate market trends and customer requirements, and propose responsive actions.
- May evolve into project manager role and direct activities of other engineers and assist in their professional and technical development.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 7 to 12 years of experience in R&D power electronics
- Basic electricity understanding, (power systems, load flows, harmonics, power quality)
- Experience with power electronics hardware design and/or controls software design
- Analog and digital hardware design capabilities
- Programming skills
- Use of hardware design tool (e.g. Altium designer), Knowledge of firmware design for microcontrollers (C language) and DSP is preferred
- Master’s degree in electronics or Electrical Engineering and minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in R&D power electronics or a Ph.D. in electronics or electrical engineering with an emphasis in power electronics and a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.