Sourcing, Contract Specialist
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Value Chain Integration Division (VID)
Status: Temporary to Regular Full Time
Location: Santa Clara, CA and/or Remote
Summary: As part of the worldwide organization within Hitachi, Ltd., the Value Integration Division (VID) of Hitachi America, Ltd. serves as a key focal point for creating multi-million-dollar agreements for use by Hitachi Group companies both domestically and internationally. The successful candidate will provide leadership to VID’s mission through sourcing, negotiating, and creating/managing agreements while providing leadership in increasing the Hitachi Group companies’ participation in using the indirect procurement program agreements.
- Perform competitive market analysis and identify potential business partners and suppliers of goods and technologies.
- Source, create RFPs, negotiate, execute and administer contracts (non-disclosure, and purchasing agreements) both domestically and internationally.
- Develop business relationships with prospective business partners.
- Provide risk management, cost reduction, and other support as needed.
- Maintain and monitor post-award business processes through transaction phases. Interface with transaction team, Hitachi Group companies and business units, and external suppliers to streamline transaction activities. Regularly interact with Hitachi Group companies and business units to understand, document, track, and fulfill business needs.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required.
- At least 7 years of contracting experience in creating and administering contracts in indirect commodities such as Travel, MRO, Payment Solutions, Logistics, Information Technology, or other relevant experience is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, negotiation, and project management skills.
- Familiarity with technology transactions, software licenses, strategic sourcing and/or general procurement.
- Ability to understand the business, financial and legal aspects of contracts and other business arrangements.
- Excellent usage of Microsoft of applications (Power Point, Excel, and Word) is required.
- Strong analytical skills with keen attention to detail along with ability to discover potential risks.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to translate data into actionable insights and recommendations for improvement.
- Team player, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and work in a multi-cultural setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work without supervision.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and demanding setting.
- Self-motivated; focused individual with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Command of English (written and spoken) is required.
- Command of Japanese and or Mandarin (written and spoken) is a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
For California only (as required by California’s Pay Transparency for Pay Equity Act (SB 1162): The expected hourly rate for this position in our California office is $45 - 50 per hour. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi America’s variable pay program, subject to the program’s conditions and restrictions.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.