Information Technology, Intern Hitachi Vantara Federal
Hitachi Vantara Federal transforms United States secure federal agencies from data-rich to data-driven. We are a trusted advisor for our customers' mission-critical data needs. From intelligent data platforms and digital infrastructure systems to consulting expertise, we deliver resilient digital products, processes, and experiences that accelerate innovation and create competitive advantages for the United States federal government. Hitachi Vantara Federal is a FOCI-mitigated subsidiary of Hitachi Vantara. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
Here at Hitachi Vantara Federal (HVF) we help data-driven government leaders find and use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter. We are more than a data storage company; we are your end-to-end data solutions company. We combine technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help government agencies improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. The Role
We are looking for an Information Technology Intern who will focus on managing our corporate infrastructure, remote office assistance and assisting our onsite users with IT needs. Our Intern will quickly learn our operations and will ultimately become contributing members of our team. This position requires strong communication, self-driven/motivation, and a dedication to excellence.
We are looking for Interns that are interested in technology and working with the federal government. Work location: Reston, VA (Reston Town Center) This role is onsite, candidate must be local for the duration of the internship. June 5 th -Aug9th. Our internships are designed to provide: what will you get?
About the Job: what it takes.
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in an agile, fast paced growth focused business setting.
- Hands-on experience and professional mentorship in the Federal Technology industry.
- Opportunities to connect and network with professionals who can provide you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal sponsor and interactions with senior executives.
- At the conclusion of your internship you will present a "value driven" idea for the organization to consider adopting into normal business practice.
- Assist in the maintenance of HVF's IT network and server infrastructure
- Windows and Macintosh desktop administration
- Assist in the administration of HVF's voice and phone networks
- Provide capabilities to improve HVF's productivity
- Provide technical support to HVF's employees
About You: critical skills and ability
- Assist in maintenance and support of Teams based conferencing systems
- Perform basic Laptop inventory management tasks
- Assist with IT server room organization
- Develop new Standard Operating Procedures based on incident trends and customer needs
- Triage critical issues to Tier 3 Service Desk
- Enhance overall system security, performance, and availability.
Great careers start with growth and innovation
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- We are looking for rising juniors and seniors.
- Competency in Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of current Microsoft, Apple, Android operating systems for both desktop and mobile platforms, as well as Microsoft Office desktop applications and the Office 365 cloud environment.
- Quality verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Competency in administering desktop operating systems Windows and Macintosh
- Extreme attention to detail
and here at HV Federal, our mission
is to improve the security and well-being of our nation by solving the federal government's data challenges.
We deliver insights that power smarter business and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary!
As part of our overall strategy and commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Hitachi Vantara Federal requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements under applicable federal, state, and local law. If you have any questions about this policy or require an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief, please contact Jennifer Shelton, Director People Operations. Our core values:
The firm belief in the reliability, capability, and integrity of our business. Trust is key for effective collaboration with each other, our customers, and our Partners.
The ability to create value for our customers by promoting and responding to change within their environment. We challenge the status quo with creativity, focus, and speed.
Being the best at what we do. It's not just what we do, but how we do it, that differentiates us. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equality.
Hitachi Vantara Federal is committed to building a strong, inclusive culture that embraces diversity in our business. We will foster a sense of belonging by:
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Recruiting, retaining, developing, and mentoring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization.
- Listening and providing opportunities for feedback to create an environment that values employees' perspectives and unique experiences.
- Striving to hold ourselves accountable as an organization, as individuals, and as leaders to learn, grow and continue to evolve our DEI strategy.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.