Job ID: R0017374
Date Posted: May 25, 2023
Business Unit: Hitachi Astemo
Company Name: HITACHI ASTEMO AMERICAS, INC.
Profession (Job Category): Production & Skilled Trades
Job Type (Experience Level): Entry Level
Job Schedule: Full time
Summary: Perform basic preventative maintenance (PM) to equipment tooling and other maintenance related activity as requested by maintenance supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs basic PM activity as prescribed by documented procedures. Disassemble, clean, replace components and reassemble tooling, dispensing systems, feeders, platens and other equipment related tooling.
• Support equipment break downs and repair
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED is required
• 2-year associate degree preferred
No previous experience necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent communication skills
• Detail oriented and organized
• Proficient computer skills are a plus, not required
• Self-motivated, results orientated and excellent personal skills
• Previous equipment maintenance knowledge a plus, not required
• Must have a hands-on work ethic
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks, such as working around
mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
• Position requires the ability to stand; sit at a desk/table; walking around office and plant;
lifting and carrying packages up to 40 pounds; utilizing fine dexterity; and reaching,
kneeling, crawling and twisting to retrieve equipment tooling. Also requires the ability to see;
hear; and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional
• Personal protective equipment, as defined by Hitachi Automotive Systems Inc., will be
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.