Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Flows & Operations Management Senior Delivery Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples, or Genoa or Turin, Italy.
- Requirements management.
- Analyze customer supplied system specifications, decomposing the statements within such specifications into software requirements
- Analyse technical specifications and prepare technical documentation for tender bids.
- Design the architecture in order to fulfil the contractual requirements.
- Interface with internal customers (project managers, construction managers, project engineers, commissioning managers and application engineers) and external stakeholders (customers, contractors, local authorities, external assessor) to ensure consistent communication.
- Be the primary technical interface to the customer throughout the life cycle of the project and act as technical liaison relative to the software development effort with other departments within the company working on the same project.
- Develop the bill of material defining the typology, the model and the HW/SW configuration.
- Develop technical design documentation for projects (requirement documents, including high level design documents, interface control design documents and detailed software requirements and specifications).
- Manage the project budget and schedule.
- Identify gaps between customer requirements and company standard software products for designing the specific application with the Digital Factory.
- Carrying out site surveys.
- Coordinate work sequences, schedules and resources.
- Oversee the equipment installation.
- Develop and execute commissioning plans, including resourcing, logistics, and scheduling. Onsite lead for commissioning and acceptance testing.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and execute testing activities to achieve commercial operation, based on contractual requirements.
- Create professional commissioning and testing reports for internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Develop customer training and handoff material to internal and external O&M teams. Develop a train-the-trainer program to enable successful handoffs for safe operation of the plant.
- Perform solution troubleshooting on site and remotely during commissioning, and operation as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement on developing and capturing technical problem solving knowledge to enable other organizations to effectively resolve customer problems and inquiries.
- Maintain an open action items list and produce effective reporting.
- Knowledge of requirements management process and related software tools (IBM DOORS).
- Knowledge of a typical vehicle and Operation Control Centre architecture.
- Design and commissioning of subsytems part of railway environment in order to comply with the requirements in terms of time, quality and cost either for an assigned Tender and Backlog Project.
- Programming and configuring of software environment, clients and servers side.
- Define HW requirements.
- Budget and project activities planning and management.
- Knowledge of bidding process.
- Purchase technichal specification writing.,
- Knowledge of communication protocols (Ethernet/IP, TCP/IP, etc.) fro designing and integrating wired and wireless data networks.
- Basic experience in network equipment configuration (layer 2).
- Design panel layouts and wiring diagrams.
- Knowledge of standards and norms related the railway environment (hw and sw).
- Perform commissioning activities.
- Perform site surveys, generating technical report.
- Basic knowledge of wiring and connections, cabinets, cable paths.
- Basic Knowledge of the concepts related to the protection of personnel, hardware, programs, networks, and data from physical circumstances and events that could cause serious losses or damage to a transportation system. This includes protection from fire, natural disasters, vandalism.
- Basic Knowledge of the concepts related to maintenance principles, database, protocols for data transfer and collection, configuration of maintenance asset and work orders, warehouse management and spare parts.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of current IoT technology for application related the people flow management.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of technologies based on video analysis and laser for people counting application.
- Basic knowledge of Mobility as a Service concept and Smart Mobility services.
- Basic knowledge of software engineering.
- Experiences in Railways and Mass Transit market.
- Basic knowledge of compression and transmissions protocols.
- Basic knowledge of Railway Signaling and, in general, of Railway Engineering.
- Experience in cyber security and /or Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) assessments.
- Basic knowledge of standards and norms related to Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (hw and sw).
- Basic knowledge of cyber security and/or Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) requirements.
Education & Experience
- Master Degree in Telecommunication, Electronic, Computer, Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 2 years of expertise as WPL in railway project.
Fluent in English.
Good English proficiency (written and spoken)
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail