Area Sales Manager provides internal and external technical expertise and counsel relating to High Voltage Breaker products. It also includes participating in sales programs to sell products and services and providing customers with engineering expertise relative to specific product lines.
Manage for the NAM territory, planning and communications efforts directed at increasing sales of High Voltage Breakers and improving services. Direct the implementation of marketing strategies designed to maximize profit margins and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Increase new and existing sales and business by supporting the Sales organization.
- Promote Hitachi Energy products internally and externally by providing webinars, seminars, presentations, Lunch & Learns etc…
- Provide relevant knowledge on products to customers, sales organization etc.
- Prepares offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Marketing Manager. Ensures appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and sales & terms conditions.
- Report monthly sales activities, customer visits requests and the sales forecast.
- Direct the evaluation of new or improved products and new business opportunities. Assist Front End Sales, Engineering, and other organizations in developing and implementing strategies to capture additional sales and market share and increase profits. Provide advice and counsel to management regarding various marketing efforts.
- Develop strategic profiles of key and potential competitors, and forecast markets, business volume and market share. Provide market feedback & marketing support for corporate strategic planning.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities and market segments.
- Evaluate market conditions, prepare sales plans and forecasts and develop cost effective business strategies to achieve objectives.
- Interpret customer’s RFQ and project specifications and prepare technical and commercial proposals for timely submission to customers.
- Occasionally, perform site survey, gather information at site, and identify customer’s needs for certain projects.
- Participate in customer meetings for such as solution presentation, technical clarification, etc.
- Identify product development needs and report on competitive activities.
- Work with customers to influence specifications at specifiers, and EPC’s
- Be resourceful and create better ways to approach the changing market.
- Realization of division budget objectives established for orders, revenues and profit margins.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Working experience in the electrical sector and with breaker business development is preferred but will consider related work experience.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Minimum of 10 years sales/marketing experience desired (12-15 years preferred). Division experience also beneficial
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel, as needed 30% and more.
- Good communication and writing skills. Feel at ease with making technical presentations to large groups.
- Good customer focused positive attitude, works well with others and a team player.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and related field plus 8 to 12 years of experience, or alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.