This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: R0017704
Date Posted: Jul 26, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY USA INC
Profession (Job Category): Legal, Compliance & Audit
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
- Provides legal advice and counsel to Hitachi Energy management across either a broad range of legal issues, or within one specialist area, and manages disputes as directed.
- Contract negotiation: Assists with negotiation of frame agreements, contracts, partnerships and other contractual terms in collaboration with Region/Country Legal/Integrity Manager and relevant business managers.
- Draft and negotiate complex commercial contracts.
- Participate in Risk Reviews according to Company and Business directives and instructions.
- Legal strategies: Anticipates and identifies legal issues of concern to management and proactively contributes to effective legal strategies and practical solutions.
- Governance: Ensures good corporate governance in the area of accountability at country level, supports implementation of the Code of Conduct and on-going integrity training and assists in investigation and resolution of any integrity issues that arise as directed.
- Company guidelines and instructions: Assists with the implementation of both local and Group legal and integrity directives and instructions and monitors on-going integrity.
- Manage outside counsel.
- Training: Provides legal training and awareness for employees in the business as directed.
- Assist Business colleagues and Head of Legal in cost-effective and timely resolution of business disputes and lawsuits.
- Coordinate, as needed, with Legal colleagues for other Businesses.
- Act with a high degree of initiative and independence to identify and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Provides advice to meet strategic goals and to protect business reputation, interests and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Ongoing monitoring of applicable laws, regulations and policies.
- J.D. from an American Bar Association accredited law school and bar admission in North Carolina or other State Bar; at least 8 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Need to be practical and business-minded with an ability to present a business partner with real-world, pragmatic advice. Ability to work in a dynamic, multicultural environment is also needed.
- Significant experience providing legal advice concerning product liability issues and commercial litigation.
- Experience with global legal matters preferred.
- Sound legal judgment in developing and implementing legal solutions.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Comprehensive understanding of business matters.
- A results-oriented professional with strong common sense and superior business acumen.
- Understanding of technical concepts and an interest in technology.
- Experience interacting with regulators, clients and customers with respect to incidents, vulnerabilities, audits or other related inquiries.
- The ability to be recognized as an independent and respected legal advisor, and ability to work in a complex, matrix structure where cooperation is often gained through influence rather than through direct command.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage a significant workload.
- Strong leadership and independent decision-making ability.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to compile and analyze regulatory and business information, assess risk, and provide resolutions or recommendations for process improvement.
- Highly collaborative individual with ability to influence others and build strong professional relationships.
- Ability to use creativity and influence to meet and overcome resistance to change.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and analytical skills are required.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.