Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Lead the assessment of on-prem applications and create detailed cloud architecture
- Lead the migration of the apps to the cloud ensuring connectivity, networking, resiliency, security, etc
- Help templatize and industrialise the overall cloud migration process through identification common patterns and development reusable templates and blueprints
- Be a solution driver and contributor of a highly productive and creative Engineering Team, working together to execute on our mission of being the best in the world;
- Constantly provide technical advisory in Cloud/DevOps/SRE area to the existing portfolio of delivery projects across multiple Delivery Units, participate in the development of the company's DevOps and Cloud frameworks.
- Advise project managers in creating delivery plans and providing quality assurance for the deliverables
- Experience in designing/implementing infrastructure and cloud-based solutions on AWS.
- Prior experience of designing to-be architecture and migrating on-prem apps to cloud.
- Good knowledge of Networking including Hybrid Cloud connectivity, Peering, network architecture, VPC/VNET, routing, Security Groups / NSGs, etc.
- Experience in architecting/designing web sites/applications that are resilient, scalable, and built for large enterprise IT environments.
- Current Cloud Provider certifications (preferably AWS).
- Understanding of the current trends, tools and techniques used in the App Modernisation space (for example, DevSecOps, Microservices and Cloud Native architectures).
- Good understanding on Application High Availability design.
- Proven solid cloud architecture and best practices skills with cloud IaaS such as AWS.
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes and microservices - Design, Architecture, Solution Design.
- Good Knowledge on Terraform
- Extensive knowledge and experience with CI/CD practices, monitoring, and alerting systems/services.
- Good scripting/automation skills with any modern programming language (Java, Python).
- Self-motivated, persevering, and capable of working without any minimal supervision. Also able to guide, motivate and mentor other team members in their everyday tasks if necessary.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge