Develop, plan and implement Supply Chain Management (SCM) strategy focused on optimizing costs, spend, delivery and reliability of suppliers and supplied products for an assigned category or group of categories. Perform active spend and budget management. Ensure execution in accordance with Hitachi Energy, SCM and Supply Base Management instructions and procedures.
- Leveraging the Continuous Improvement Process Sourcing (CIPS) process where decided, implements effective sourcing strategies in line with business strategy ensuring that the supply base/suppliers have the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements.
- Ensure S2O productivity is achieved wherever possible.
- Ensures all relevant parties understand strategies and execute processes accordingly.
- Minimizes risk regarding quality and financial exposure by buying in accordance with quality and commercial procedures and in accordance with Hitachi Energy guidelines.
- Negotiates agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renews price lists, terms and conditions.
- Adapts corporate contractual framework to the local business needs.
- Recommends frame agreements to management, and executes upon approval.
- Contract risk management.
- Ensures identification, investigation, and selection of appropriate suppliers (focusing on quality, delivery, cost and sustainability) in accordance with Hitachi Energy policies.
- Defines and establishes local standard agreements wherever needed.
- Provides and maintains standard terms in purchase contracts/terms and conditions in line with Hitachi Energy directives and guidelines.
- Designs and implements cost-out programs and/or processes to reach financial targets.
- Applies and implements SCM standards, tools, and processes focused on business continuity for the assigned commodity or group of commodities.
- Supply Chain Certification nice to have.
- 5+ years of work experience of which minimum 3 years in a Supply Chain Role around Services and Strategic Sourcing in a company.
- Ability to manage teams across functional areas, business units, and across countries in respective HUB.
- Strong knowledge/ use of MS office tools.
- Strong knowledge of:
- Detailed knowledge in managing Indirect Materials and Services, for example for legal, consulting, marketing, HR, temporary labor, etc.
- Technology trends in the area.
- Business process standards and associated applications.
- Driving vendor consolidation and vendor sourcing for related functions.
- Strong knowledge of the Supply Chain Process related to Indirect Categories such as: legal, consulting, marketing, HR, temporary labor or financial services, etc.
- Strong project management and execution skills.
- Ability to lead initiatives and promote acceptance across units and product lines management.
- Solid knowledge of different supply chains and logistics structures in large corporates.
- Outstanding organizational skills to manage multiple moving parts simultaneously and optimally in a matrix organization and with very little oversight and direction.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact with C-level executives as well as rank and file in the SCM organization.
- Good command of English (business fluent).
- Superior negotiation skills in a highly challenging, intercultural multi-business environment and be able to negotiate terms and conditions as well as prices that aligns with business objectives.
- High understanding and knowledge of stakeholder’s internal needs.
- Familiar with critical process requirements in engaging 3rd Party providers in line with local regulations.