Control Power Electronics Engineer
Job ID: R0018873
Date Posted: May 25, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY POLAND SP. Z O.O.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
- You are responsible for the dynamic modeling, algorithm design, and controller implementation of switching power converters used in a wide range of ac and dc products.
- You are expected to perform control system design through all stages starting with topology discussions, concept stage, modeling, implementation, and validation.
- Analysis, design and implementation of control systems high-power, high-frequency power converters.
- Develop and utilize computer simulations (Matlab/Simulink, PLECS) to investigate new algorithms, and abnormal events.
- Be part of design process starting from idea generation, simulation, control design, prototyping and verification of new converter products.
- Support a fast, iterative design process in a cross-functional, dedicated team. Use fast prototyping and lab mockups to close learning loops and achieve results quickly.
- Working in modern laboratories; bringing up prototypes; evaluating designs limits.
- We offer an exciting job in an international environment where you will get great possibilities to develop further within Hitachi Energy.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- MSc degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Deep understanding of the control theory for Power Electronics applications.
- Strong analytical skills with circuit, and controls theory fundamentals, combined with strong hands-on testing and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with power electronics simulation tools (Simulink, PLECS…).
- Experience with working with Hardware In the Loop (HIL) platforms and laboratory equipment used for converter prototyping and testing.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity, and desire to learn about new technologies.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, and strong communication skills.
- As you will be part of a global business, fluency in written and spoken English is required.