Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
The role of the Storage Operations Engineer
is a customer facing service operation position in Hitachi Vantara's Managed Services division. This individual supports a L2/L3 operations team responsible for the delivery of Storage as a Service (StaaS) to a specific client based on agreed SLAs, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
The Storage Operations Engineer will be involved in daily operations, complex incident and problem resolution and will build a technical gateway to Hitachi Vantara's delivery organisation and introduce of new methods, tools and technologies based on the corporate availability to the team, to increase the efficiency of storage operations. Managing the integration of selected innovations into daily operations is part of the role as well as contribution to increase the level of automation. This individual guarantees the stability and seamless operation of Hitachi Vanara's storage estate, specifically the block and unified storage.
What you bring to the team
- Role as Block Storage Engineer with aspects of an Architect role for Hitachi Block and Unified Storage,
- Gateway between Hitachi local delivery team, Product Engineering (internal and other vendors) and the Customer Managed Service Operations Team,
- Leading complex Incidents/tasks and changes remotely to the clients infrastructure,
- Performance, Capacity and Load analysis for the customer environment and recommendation of measures to ensure stable and efficient operational conditions,
- Complex root cause analysis in context of stability issues for Block and Unified Storage,
- Planning, Coordination and Installation of complex system software upgrades (Microcode etc.) following customer processes and procedures.
- Minimum of 1 year client systems support and minimum 5 years of IT work experience,
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of Block and Unified storage concepts and software,
- Wide experience in Infrastructure environments/architectures (Storage, virtualization, Compute),
- Understanding of IT service Management processes and methods (ITIL),
- Ability to work with minimal supervision - self-motivated and self-contained,
- Analytical and problem resolving attitude,
- Programming/Scripting Capabilities,
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities,
- Willing to learn and pick up new technologies quickly,
- Communicating highly technical information adequately to both technical and non-technical personnel,
- Fluent written and spoken English language, German would be an asset.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge