Job ID: R0021749
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY TECHNOLOGY SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED
Profession (Job Category): Sales, Marketing & Product Management
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
General Information -
The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
Mission Statement –
Responsible for administrating, consulting and/or negotiating product/service contracts with external customers. Develops pre-sales contract strategies and works closely with marketing, sales, and business management teams to structure proposals/contracts/bid documents. Negotiates contracts that are consistent with business objectives and engages in contract amendments and renegotiation to accommodate scope changes. Ensures fulfilment of contractual obligations from contracting parties. Does not require the incumbent to have legal qualification An Entry Professional (P1) applies broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education. May require the following proficiency: Work is closely supervised. Problems faced are not typically difficult or complex. Explains facts, policies and practices related to job area.
• Prepare Timely and comprehensive offers / Quotations for Gas Insulated switchgear RFQ / Enquires.
• Determine most technical appropriate and costeffective solutions
• Collaborate across the Sales support team in offering solutions to country / region specific customers. • Close collaboration with the Product Group Territory Marketing & Service Sales Managers responsible for the global market.
• Analyze customer needs through general market info and information provided by Service FES/Territory Managers.
• Ensure all proposals follow relevant Hitachi Energy Procedures and guidelines
• Rationalize terms and conditions
• Review and analyze the Offers/Quotations technical documents and requirements and identifies the scope of supply, configuration of the product with relevant options, prepares list of technical deviations and clarifications, prepares data sheets, prepares comments to customer’s technical specifications including quality plans, painting specifications, document lists, etc.
. • Preparation of complete commercial quotation considering different strategies.
• Supporting ASMs during Offers/Quotations for adequate follow-up and proper answers during the Offer clarification process.
• Coordinating with multiple functions (Design, Project management, SCM etc) as part of tendering activity.
• Cost analysis & Lost proposal analysis to obtain better future offering.
Safety and Integrity: Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• Experience and skill to prepare and support Offer / quotation Process.
• Experienced in Sales / tendering tools (Any Sales / tendering tools)
• Knowledge of Power Grid Market & System offerings
• Electrical Engineer with 1 to 3 years of professional work experience in GIS or EPC or any High voltage / medium voltage electrical product sales & tendering.
• Excellent communication skills in English