Hitachi Energy is seeking a Contract Manager (Subcontracts / Consortiums) for its North America Grid Integration business located in its Raleigh, NC office or potentially remote . This role is responsible for performance of contract management responsibilities on Grid integration engineering, procurement, and construction (EP or EPC) projects throughout the North America Region. This position can possibly be remote in the continental U.S. and may require up to 10% travel.
- Ensure timely and accurate performance of contract management activities for the portfolio of contracts assigned, including but not limited to EP or EPC project owner/customer, consortium, subcontract, and consulting agreements In full coordination with project teams, Legal and Contract Management, lead contract management responsibilities through proposal, formation, execution, administration, change/claims management, closeout, warranty, and disputes.
- Develop claim strategies, prepare notifications, correspondence, and other applicable contract documentation in coordination with the project team (amendments, change orders, etc.)
- Enforce and defend Hitachi Energy Grid Integration business contractual interests, including monitoring and assessment of changes and deviations in accordance with contract requirements and the company Contract Management Instruction.
- Notify and liaise with Legal regarding major claims and critical developments during project execution. Prepare contract deliverables matrix and present contractual portion of project kick-off meetings.
- Provide advice and support to the business, project management, site management, procurement/supply chain department and other project team members during contract lifecycle to secure company's contractual rights and entitlements Preparing a monthly executive report on overall additional costs and claim status for projects in execution.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 or more years of experience in contract / subcontract management.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- 2 or more years of experience in EPC power generation, substations, converter stations, grid integration, transmission, or similar industrial plant Contract Management functions Juris Doctor/legal background beneficial, but not required.
- Experience with processes and management/administration of varying sizes and types of contractual agreements. Experience in change management, claim management and contract related legal issues and the possible effects in the relevant areas of responsibility regarding proposal stage and/or project execution.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.