- Technical contribution: Coordinates engineering discipline across several projects. Provides technical support for activities. Prepares complete project documents in one’s area of responsibility. Serves as a specialist in application of advanced concepts and methods.
- Sales support: Assists in preparing proposal/presentation of engineering projects/programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.).
- Contract management: Supports Contract Managers in issuing claims (new/change in scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications etc.). Provides cost effective quality solutions as per customer requirement and delivers within budget and contract. Ensures adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
- Planning and control: Create work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility. Reviews and approves scope, budget and schedule for assignments and ensures quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost. Improves effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions.
- Risk and opportunity management: Completes risk and opportunity assessments and ensures implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility. Reports any contract / quality / program / cost issues to management along with recommendations for resolution.
- Customer: Interacts with customers, officials, contractors, and others. Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments.
- Supply chain management: Collaborates with the Supply Chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed to with potential suppliers. Provides technical evaluation of supplier proposals and accepts as fit for purpose supplied equipment or services.
- Technical leadership and knowledge sharing: Maintain network of engineering professionals and shares engineering best practice across different projects and disciplines.
- Processes and tools: Develop, selects, and applies standard techniques, procedures and tools. Ensures that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements. Reports processes and tools inefficiencies and suggests ideas for improvements.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Proven experience working within procurement civil design, commercial environments.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and ideally a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Flexibility and an open mindset are important features to be successful in this role.
- Prior experience with large civil industrial projects highly preferred i.e. Experience working on full building structures (not just ground works).
- Experience working as a Civil Designer, at least for a few years, is an advantage.
- Experience with 3D modelling.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.