Meet the Team
As a Global Business Engagement Leader, you will be leading a global team of business analysis professionals and responsible for Strategic planning & assist in operational planning for IT Business applications that support Sales, Marketing, Services and Partner Organizations.
As a key leader and part of the Hitachi Vantara Business Application IT Leadership team, you will be a highly collaborative leader with the ability to work with senior level stakeholders across IT and multiple Business teams. You will foster a customer-centric organization culture and contribute to the maturation of processes across IT and the enterprise.
To be successful in this role, you will have prior similar experience working in senior level roles in technology organizations for large-scale, complex, global companies. This is both an operational and strategic leadership role reporting to the Business Applications IT Leader.What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring To The Team
- Lead, coach and develop a team of talented IT business analysts and business engagement leads who are aligned to work with lines of business functions.
- Collaborate with business leaders, stakeholders, customers, and system owners to develop business cases, participate in product evaluations/selections, determine the financial, business, and operational requirements and goals.
- Manage business applications portfolio in collaboration with Business & IT stakeholders, platform owners & IT delivery teams for planning, developing, and implementing new applications and improving existing applications.
- Verify the efficiency and effectiveness of existing systems and develop strategies for improving these systems.
- Examine the software products and check if they fulfill the demand of the end-users. Help the management to make strategic decisions by providing cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses for IT Systems.
- Assess value and develop proposal and business cases associated with new capability requests and then prioritize against existing demand for delivery on key projects. Partner with key business and IT stakeholders, procurement, finance, and vendors in the process.
- Monitor and communicate business portfolio status, including identifying the gaps between existing and future architecture capabilities, managing on-going business demand, establish process and cadence for prioritization, supporting steering committees, overseeing project escalations as required, ensuring Business Partners engagement.
- Help influence and set strategic direction for IT Business Applications portfolio roadmap; work with business and IT leadership to ensure roadmap alignment and business commitment.
- Serves as primary business relationship for the business applications portfolio for Engineering application matters related to current landscape, strategy, and business need/requirements and bridge this with the business apps service delivery teams.
- Establishes the bridge between the business and the technical team according to project needs, representing the business to the delivery team.
- Negotiate with customers the sprint requirements, the scope changes, and the project deadlines.
- Establish partnership with procurement, technology, and SI vendors, build strong relationships to secure favorable contracts in support of business and IT objectives.
- Minimum 10+ years of professional experience in technology leadership or business leadership.
- Expert knowledge in business functions or process knowledge of Sales, Global Services, Marketing, Partner organizations.
- Must have systems capability knowledge within at least 2 major applications; CRM, PSA, CPQ, Marketing Automation, Customer Success, Customer Support, Customer Community, or Partner Portal.
- Proven experience working in a complex, global organization with a global employee population.
- Strong analytical mindset with ability to analyze, interpret, communicate, and act upon relevant data.
- Expert in Technology governance formulation and administration.
- Experience with modern technology service delivery frameworks including Agile, DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment.
- Demonstrated experience leading large-scale change initiatives with enterprise level impact including programs with extensive cross-functional technology and business involvement.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate new concepts effectively and drive change in process and behaviors that influences strategic actions and mindset changes.
- Must be able to develop compelling business presentations and communicate technical topics to a business audience.
- Excellent influencing and consultative skills with the ability to partner with and engage at multiple levels across Hitachi Vantara and with external service provider organizations.
- A consultative and continuous improvement mindset with demonstrated ability to drive programs that generate business value, with measurable key performance indicators and metrics.
- Strong people leadership capabilities including motivating and connecting a global team, guiding, and coaching managers, team leaders and individual team members, developing talent, implementing performance management plans when needed, and ensuring accountability for commitments that are made.
- A customer service mindset with focus on improving technology organizations based on internal and external customer needs and requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in technology, engineering, computer science, business or similar disciplines required.
- MBA or technology focused master's degree preferred.
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is:
- Tier One Location (including New York City and California Bay Area): $150k - $190k
- Tier Two Location (including Colorado, Seattle, and the rest of California): $130k - $175k
- Tier Three Location (including the rest of Washington State): $110k - $150k
The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge