Job Profile / Job Description - GIS Supervisor ( 66kV to 765kV ) :
Mission Statement: Perform Installation & Commissioning site activities for GIS- HV Services in accordance with the time schedule, quality standards and safety requirements. Manage On site activities by ensuring availability of material, equipment’s & resources as per the contract specifications.
Main Accountabilities on site:
- Installation & Commissioning: Understanding the specification and completing the installation & Commissioning site activities according to the contractual requirement & time schedule.
- On Site Service:
- Ensure availability of necessary material, equipment & manpower at site by coordinating with the respective stakeholders.
- Manage site activities as per the time schedule until completion of the project and inform Field service project Manager or service manager for assistance required for additional resources / material.
- The GIS-Supervisor is responsible for the installation work entrusted to him being carried in perfect technical order.
- He carries out installation and maintenance work independently.
- He instructs, supervises, and controls the installation personnel reporting to him at site.
- He is responsible for ensuring compliance with the installation requirements and instructions.
- He ensures necessary accident prevention measures are observed; specifically, he abides by the guidelines for work on live system components.
- He supervises the adherence to the working hours, signs the mom, weekly reports & timesheets and is responsible for forwarding these on.
- The GIS Supervisor ensures that the stipulated deadlines are met, i.e., he is responsible for detailed installation planning on-site to enable bottlenecks to be identified in good time, to formulate proposals for achieving targets and implementing appropriate measures.
- Testing: Perform testing for Installed & Commissioned products and provide input to the design team for any modification.
- Quality Control: Verifies the application of quality control plan during installation activities and that the sub contractors are using the safety equipments as per the requirement.
- Documentation: Coordinates with the customer on documentation required and safety coordination.
- Information: Inform respective stakeholders on the progress of Installation & Commissioning activities and provide input to the quality team for any non conformance.
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma (Mechanical / Electrical): 5 – 7 Years experience. OR
- BE (Mechanical / Electrical): 3 – 4 Years experience.