Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Client-End Software Development Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples, Italy.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Requirements management, analyse and compile system and subsystem requirements specifications
- Develop use cases
- Provide software architecture and work with internal/external parties to ensure that development activities are aligned with scope, schedule, priorities and business objectives
- Complete high and low level technical design specifications, storyboards and interface specifications for the software to be developed
- Design/oversee high level and low level software components, write high-quality software that will perform at scale, be supportable and extensible
- Design, develop and test applications and programs to support the software products
- Design, develop and test software programs, including coding, unit testing and software configuration control
- Provide support of software products through conception to product delivery including problem solving, defect maintenance and operational support
- Maintain deep technical analysis of software designs for all areas including security, software patterns, cloud infrastructure, data modelling, resilience and scalability
- Prepare reports, manuals, procedures and status reports, including, ability to create and review reports, technical documents, test specifications, contracts and proposals
- Analyse technical specifications and prepare technical documentation for tender bids.
- Analyse technical specifications and prepare technical documentation.
- Share technical expertise within the department and other internal/external parties as requested
- Design the architecture in order to fulfil the contractual requirements.
- Interface with internal customers and external stakeholders to ensure consistent communication.
- Develop technical design documentation for projects (requirement documents, including high level design documents, interface control design documents and detailed software requirements and specifications).
- Develop new procedures for solution delivery
- Perform solution troubleshooting on site and remotely during commissioning and operation as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement on developing and capturing technical problem solving knowledge to enable other organizations to effectively resolve customer problems and inquiries.
- Maintain an open action items list and produce effective reporting.
- Demonstrable software engineering experience with a proven track record of specification, design and development of complex software in the transport and ticketing sector
- Knowledge of requirements management process and related software tools (IBM DOORS).
- Hands-on design, coding, integration and deployment experience in enterprise applications
- Experience of C/C++, Java, Python, Go, multi-threaded programming etc.
- Experience in exposing web services, such as, JAX-WS/REST
- Experience in Web Service Security (WSS) and PKI infrastructures
- Experience with REST API design and development, and Software Containerization
- Experience of containerization platforms like Docker and implementing them in a microservices distributed cloud architecture
- Knowledge of a typical vehicle and Operation Control Centre architecture.
- Design and commissioning of subsytems part of railway environment in order to comply with the requirements in terms of time, quality and cost either for an assigned Tender and Backlog Project.
- Programming and configuring of software environment, clients and servers side.
- HW requirements definition.
- Knowledge of bidding process.
- Purchase technichal specification writing.,
- Knowledge of communication protocols (Ethernet/IP, TCP/IP, etc.) for designing and integrating wired and wireless data networks.
- Basic experience in network equipment configuration (layer 2).
- Panel layouts and wiring diagrams design.
- Knowledge of standards and norms related the railway environment (hw and sw).
- Perform commissioning activities.
- Perform site surveys, generating technical report.
- Basic knowledge of wiring and connections, cabinets, cable paths.
- Basic Knowledge of the concepts related to the protection of personnel, hardware, programs, networks, and data from physical circumstances and events that could cause serious losses or damage to a transportation system. This includes protection from fire, natural disasters, vandalism.
- Basic Knowledge of the concepts related to maintenance principles, database, protocols for data transfer and collection, configuration of maintenance asset and work orders, warehouse management and spare parts.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of current IoT technology for application related the people flow management.
- Budget and project activities planning and management.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of technologies based on video analysis and laser for people counting application.
- Basic knowledge of Mobility as a Service concept and Smart Mobility services.
- Experiences in Railways and Mass Transit market.
- Basic knowledge of compression and transmissions protocols.
- Basic knowledge of Railway Signaling and, in general, of Railway Engineering.
- Experience in cyber security and /or Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) assessments.
- Basic knowledge of standards and norms related to Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (hw and sw).
- Basic knowledge of cyber security and/or Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) requirements.
Education & Experience
- Master Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
Fluent in English.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.careers.hitachi.com
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail