Energy System Project Manager leads the execution of projects and ensures that all related activities are performed in accordance with company policies, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments. Supports the organization in process improvement to continually increase the effectiveness of project execution.
- Leading the project team, establishing the project execution approach and overseeing project hand-over, execution planning, monitoring and control activities for both internal and external resources to accomplish all project goals.
- Effectively monitoring and controlling project progress and efficient resource utilization. Monitoring and controlling project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identifying, qualifying, quantifying and managing project risks, and ensuring that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Driving the formal acceptance of the project, ensuring contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
- Procuring all required services, materials and equipment from external and internal suppliers, including suport in negotiations, claims and project changes.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Acting as the key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues
- An Experienced Professional (P2) applies practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. May require the following proficiency:
- Works independently with general supervision.
- Problems faced are difficult but typically not complex.
- May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
- Executing the projects as per contract scope, schedule and contractual conditions. Reviewing the contract received from sales and understands terms & conditions of project contracts, including awareness of risks of negative impact on margin, performance and risk factors
- Planning, monitoring and controlling the project activities (Scope, Time and Cost) proactively including project handover, execution planning, monitoring and control activities to accomplish the project goals
- Acting as POC (point of contact) for project schedule and freeze with respective stakeholders (internal and external)
- Preparing of project wise master document list and maintain the updates. Executing the process activities in SAP and maintain the documentation as per ISO and internal process requirements throughout the project cycle
- Co-ordinating with engineering and customer for timely approval of drawings and documents and resolution of all project related queries or issues during execution
- Working as a SPOC and escalation gate for customer for project issues and assuring Hitachi Energy commitments to customer are met, in accordance with contract
- Monitoring and document change requests from customer related to project scope and get approvals for time extension, additional cost and more
- Liaising with customer for Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and arranging the timely dispatch clearances; working with commercial team for Invoicing and with logistic team for dispatch of goods
- Co-ordinating with service team for installation, testing and commissioning at site; follow-up with customer for timely collection of payment, collection of PAC & FAC and Project Closure and handing over to service team
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical engineering
- Previous experience of at least 4-8 years in Project management preferably in High Voltage (AIS) Switchgear Products
- Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English language
- Knowledge of Gant and ability to plan multiple projects
- Ability to effectively interact with people from inside and outside the team and work well within a collaborative team.