Tender & Project Quality Department Manager MEA
Job ID: R0021262
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY TECHNOLOGY SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED
Profession (Job Category): Quality Management
Job Type (Experience Level): Management
Job Schedule: Full time
The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
People manager for the team, Lead and coach the local QO team in accordance with HR processes and in addition to agreed plan, budget, and strategy.
Take ownership for delegated processes in accordance with process leader role description and process management process (see 1JNL1264802 in reference document section)
Ensure compliance to or get approved deviations from HVDC instructions and guidelines for tender and project quality processes.
Contribute and drive HVDC Q&CI Culture & strategy as one HVDC Quality team.
Contribute to the strategy and development of the department by being part of the Quality Operations Management team.
Propose & drive initiatives / changes within own area (processes, organization, strategy – QIP, etc.)
Define and communicate with main local stakeholders in HVDC and PGGI
Foresee and plan staff and budget requirements based on S&OP as agreed with manager.
Recruiting, onboarding and offboarding of own team members
Provide input and/or hold salary discussion for own team according to local processes.
Ensure through continuous competence management that own staff have or will acquire the necessary competence and skills to perform their assignments (competence matrix, FCA).
Perform GPM according to process.
Ensure that roles, responsibilities, requirements, and authorities are clarified & communicated to the team and that personal role descriptions are discussed, updated and shared.
Ensure that Q&CI reporting and action on deviations are done on time.
If applicable participate in local/region management teams
Ensure tender and project quality are performed according to global processes and that team delivers on time with quality.
• Prepare, Monitor & comply with department budget and C&WP
• Review and approval rights of documentation (invoices, expense reports, purchase requests,
instructions, tender calculations etc) .
• Identify final candidates in recruitment process
• Lead Work environment in accordance with local regulations
• Act on deviations for own accountabilities.
• Technical / Engineering / Quality management education – minimum bachelor’s degree.
• Should have minimum 5 years professional experience related to the function i.e. EPC .
Projects based environment) in Power or energy industry.
• Possesses good leadership skills and experience in large, global and complex organizations
• Experience in process management ideally in project business, preferably in the energy or automation industry, or other quality and process-oriented industries.
• Continuous Improvement experience
• Experience in L6S.
• Capacity to communicate, result oriented, speed in execution, openness and listen to others
• English fluency (written + spoken), other languages advantageous.
• Ability to travel approx. 10%.