Design authority for an engineering discipline with medium complexity. Complete assignments on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects, cost- effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, and safety requirements.
Your Responsibility :
- You will Coordinate engineering discipline across several projects withing area of expertise. Conducts electrical design, reviews, approvals, testing and commissioning. Prepares complete project documents in one’s area of responsibility. Serves as a specialist in application of advanced concepts and methods. Work alongside team members assisting on the technical side of quality issues with customers and factories. Directly support the factory by providing technical assistance and expertise as required.
- You will Assist in preparing proposal/presentation of engineering projects/programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc) for solutions within area of expertise.
- You will Support Project Managers in issuing claims (new/change in scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications etc.). Provides cost effective quality solutions as per customer requirement and delivers within budget and scope. Ensures adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
- You will create work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility. Reviews and approves scope, budget and schedule for assignments and ensures quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost. Improves effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions.
- You will Complete risk and opportunity assessments and ensures implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility. Reports any contract / quality / program / cost issues to the project manager along with recommendations for resolution.
- You will Interact with customers, officials, contractors and others. Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments.
- You will Collaborate with the Supply Chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed to with potential suppliers. Provides technical evaluation of supplier proposals and accepts as fit for purpose supplied equipment or services.
- You will Maintain network of engineering professionals and shares engineering best practice across different projects and disciplines.
- You will develop, select and apply standard techniques, procedures and tools. Ensures that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements. Reports processes and tools inefficiencies and suggests ideas for improvements.
- You will Coach, provide support and technical advice to colleague. Assigns tasks for and directs engineers, technicians and administrative staff to achieve project deliverables.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering coupled with related industry experience in High Voltage equipment and in power substations, minimum of 5+years
- Substantial experience in providing (relevant discipline) engineering advice and support including functional specification development, design coordination, safety in design, constructability reviews, testing and commissioning and applying engineering quality.
- Demonstrated experience in control and SCADA systems. Able to develop solutions to suit customer requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of relevant standards such as Australian Engineering and Technical standards (AS/IEC).
- Proficient with MS Office package
- Able to draft/read drawings
- Exceptional communications skills both written and oral
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with a highly business savvy and result-oriented mindset.
- Being comfortable in ability to communicate/discuss complex technical topics with clients. Possessing a high level of self-motivation and curiosity. Willing to learn.