Summary of the position:
This will be for the 2nd Shift.
A highly visible front-line position leading a material handler team. Leads team responsible for the material movement and handling within the production and warehouse facilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist Supervisor in, and lead in Supervisor’s absence, the day-to-day allocation of resources to achieve production targets.
- Identify, develop, and implement best practices in safety, quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction.
- Understand and communicate work priorities based on customer needs and resource availability.
- Ensure the team has all necessary parts, tools, information, and instructions in their area.
- Report all barriers to production with a sense of urgency.
- Use problem-solving skills and root cause analysis to resolve and/or mitigate operational issues.
- Assist in training employees on the weekly safety topics and ensure compliance to all safety policies.
- Read, interpret and follow basic engineering drawings, P&I, assembly drawings, WD drawings, specifications, work instructions, bills of materials, and other written instructions.
- Have the aptitude to learn, perform, and then ultimately train others to perform all production tasks in their assigned area.
- Understand quality specifications and inspection criteria in the work areas and train others to the same.
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
- Operate material handling equipment, including forklifts and overhead cranes.
- Ensure use of proper material handling practices and maintain inventory control through accurate transactions.
- Promote a culture of inclusion and teamwork to ensure a high performing team.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates degree or other post high school training (2 years duration) preferred
- Supply Chain Management certification, such as CLA and CLT, a plus
- Three of more years of shop floor material handling and/or manufacturing experience
- Forklift, crane, and other material handling operations
- One or more years of leadership experience preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience working as a critical team member and leading a team requiring minimal supervision
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to teach and train others
- Computer skills (i.e., spreadsheets, data entry, email)
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, and interpret information from measurement devices
- Lifting up to 35 lbs, lifting over 35 lbs. requires a lifting device, crane, or assistance from another associate
- Standing and walking minimum of 8 hours, must be able to bend/stoop, squat/crouch, kneel and twist
- Must understand and comply with Sullair Safety Standards
- Ability to work flexible shifts and overtime
- Assertive, Passionate, Critical Thinking, Process Driven, Good Communication Skills, Team Oriented
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Hitachi Global Air Power, LLC - USA Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Hitachi Global Air Power, LLC - USA is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.