For our Business Unit High Voltage based in Lodi we are looking for a Project Engineer who will be responsible for ensuring technical support in order to execute service work with low to medium complexity according to work instructions and in accordance with Hitachi Energy standard and processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. He or she will deliver quality customer service to satisfy customers and in close co-operation with customer and other Hitachi Energy teams, he or she will take actions to identify new Service business opportunities for Hitachi Energy.
- Identify technical problems and make analysis through remote or on-site activity in different Service categories (installation and commissioning, routine maintenance, extensions, replacements etc.);
- Contribute to customer satisfaction by ensuring technical support to customer order and expectation. Maintain a good relationship with customers. Identify new sales opportunities and communicate them internally;
- Coordinate, prepare and ensure that all materials, parts and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for Service activities;
- Technical support to prepare all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative. Report work done in a timely manner and follow up when needed;
- Troubleshoot simple equipment failure and make recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future;
- Apply safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities. Report unsafe practices and incidents;
- Assist in preparing proposal/presentation of engineering projects/programs (provision of bills of material, estimated engineering hours, etc.);
- Evaluate, select and apply standard techniques and procedures to perform engineering assignments. Provide technical support for testing, installation and commissioning activities. Prepare project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables;
- Assist customer on technical issues, interact with official contacts, contractors and other staff within his/her scope of deliverables. Assist communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings;
- Collaborate with Supply Chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed on with potential suppliers. Provide technical evaluation of supplier proposal, and accepts as fit for purpose supplied equipment or services;
- Use standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility. Ensure that engineering activities comply.
- Bachelor in mechanical / electrical engineering or technical diploma;
- 2/3 years of experience;
- Good knowledge Creo Parametric 18.104.22.168 / PLM Windchill / Autocad;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a team and problem solving are required;
- Good knowledge of written / spoken English and Italian.