Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. Our team is built around Business Intelligence excellence. What you'll be doing
This is a senior role focused on guiding, organizing and documenting team's work, building relationships with stakeholders, participation in SCRUM ceremonies, planning projects, delivering on strategic initiatives and constant improvement of dashboards and other deliverables.
What you bring to the team
- Bridge the gap between business stakeholders and the Development Team,
- Gather requirements, describe them in Jira, enable the team to understand them and estimate the difficulty associated with the development,
- You will work on creating timelines for stakeholders, who you will meet on regular basis to ensure most important tasks are prioritized and all details agreed,
- It's a critical role, as our clients are at the centre of what we do. You will need to understand their needs and constrains, while learning about the business side to be able to follow company strategy,
- You will then work internally with the Dev Team to schedule and break down tasks, design sprints and deliver complex BI solutions on time,
- The team is focused on building and developing PowerBI dashboards, and starts delivering insights to inform the business. You will use your organizational skills, stakeholder management and business acumen, to help team deliver the best tools enabling the Business to track and improve performance.
- Experience working as a Product Owner in the SCRUM framework. Candidates with strong BI experience paired with some Project Management experience will also be considered,
- Understanding of PowerBI and other data visualization tools, SQL and relationship databases, analytics and converting data into meaningful information,
- You will be comfortable with change, following new developments in every Sprint and driving the improvements yourself,
- You will have the natural ability to influence as well as:
• Experience delivering complex BI solutions,
• Confidence dealing with stakeholders, building long-term relationships,
• Ability to convert business requirements, KPIs and needs into stories and epics for the Development Team,
• Great time and project management skills, good understanding of SQL, SSIS, PowerBI, Jira and/or related tools,
• Experience in the Tech industry and/or B2B will be beneficial.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge