Engineering Assistant Manager
Job ID: R0022978
Date Posted: May 30, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY TAIWAN CO., LTD.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
- Hands on with Substation Automation Systems (SAS)/SCADA and gateway solutions related engineering design document preparation, configuration, testing commissioning and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of substation primary equipment & basic protection functions is desirable. Prior experience with substation automation systems, Remote Terminal Unit (RTU), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Gateways will be a key differentiator.
- Knowledge of SAS Panel related design and detail design documentation thereof are desirable, experience with Protection Relay Configuration software is an advantage. Possesses basic programming skills, knowledge of databases, and web development expertise.
- Acts as the champion for Hitachi Energy processes and policies, contributes to development of standard processes and work instructions by adopting Hitachi internal as well as industry best practices.
- Ensures lessons learned from all execution are analyzed and conclusions are incorporated as continuous improvement actions.
- Promote and enforces safe working environment by enforcing and supporting adequate HSE measures in all activities undertaken by himself & the team, follows ethics and compliances as per company guidelines.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferable in engineering major in Electrical or Automation Control or similar field.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in SAS/SCADA domain
- Proficiency in both Spoken and Written English is mandatory.
- SCADA protocols: DNP3, Modbus, IEC 60870-5-101, IEC 60870-5-104, IEC 61850. SCADA connectivity: TCP/IP over CAT5 and Fiber, RS-232/485 (ability to debug these physical links is a must).
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential, proven ability to handle customer comments and approval responses to support project manager in project engineering is a must.
- Deliver Results - Prioritize, Act, Achieve
- Results orientation - drive to exceed goals & improve business practices for higher performance levels.
- Teamwork & collaboration - actively demonstrate teamwork & facilitate collaboration.
- Act Responsibly with safety, Integrity & Transparency.