You as a Civil Design Coordinator will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Dubai, UAE focusing on designing, communicating, and implementing an operational plan for completing an engineering-based project.
- Preparing design, project controls and Civil specifications, schedules, cost estimates of new infrastructure, buildings, facilities, equipment foundations, etc.
- Collecting the civil and building services design input information, drawings, loading data from electrical design section and forward to civil and building services designers / subcontractors.
- Problems facing are often complex and require extensive investigation and analysis. Requiring ability to influence others to accept practices and approaches, and ability to communicate and influence executive leadership.
- Monitoring progress and performing against the project plan; taking action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays. Identifying, developing, and gathering the resources necessary to complete the project. May include preparing engineering standards, designs, and work specifications; developing project schedules, budgets, and forecasts; and selecting materials, equipment, suppliers, and external contractors.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, issues, and excellent communication skills.
- Generating design deliverables list and design schedule for the pursuit.
- Coordinating and control design submittals for owner’s review and approval.
- Reviewing the conceptual drawings with electrical, civil, and building services designer/ subcontractor for proper coordination to avoid clashes during construction stage.
- Tracking the development of design deliverables, ensuring quality and on-time completion.
- Promote value engineering and optimized design for all Civil Design deliverables.
- Conducting meetings, reviews, prepare documentation and assist the Project Manager and Civil Manager in preparation of contractual communication to owner and subcontractors.
- Reviewing the material submittal & shop drawings submittal in line with specifications and approved Construction drawings before submitting to O/E for approval.
- Liaising with O/E for timely approval of material & Shop drawing submittal.
- Conducting site meetings with civil site manager and subcontractor(s) to review the construction methods to expedite the progress.
- Facilitating coordination meetings for each of the above to move them forward.
- Participating and facilitating design review meetings with owner, stakeholders, and operators to advance design packages.
- Auditing the drawings for all disciplines on a regular basis for completeness and adherence to standards for assigned projects. Ensures all drawings, for all disciplines, are properly checked.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil engineering (preferred in structural engineering).
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience is required.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.