Electrical Assistant / Electrician - Greenville/Liberty, SC
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: JRA22325
Date Posted: Aug 8, 2023
Segment: Connective Industries
Business Unit: Hitachi Industry & Distribution
Company Name: JR Automation
Profession (Job Category): Production & Skilled Trades
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Description Job Title
: ElectricianReports to
: Senior ElectricianResponsibilities:
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.Qualifications:
- Assist Engineering in the development phase.
- Lead project and assist project teams assigned during the electrical assembly phase.
- Plan, organize, and control the build process and related costs.
- Work cross functionally with all departments during all phases of the project including de-bug and runoff.
- Verify arrival of materials to ensure they are available when needed.
- Keep the project team up to date on key project detail, and keep the team informed on workload, and
- hours required.
- Drive best practice and cost savings opportunities with the electrical team.
- Assign and track tasks for the project team so that all resources are used to their full potential.
- Strive to achieve the highest level of performance from each team member as it relates to their individual ability.
- Provide team member concerns/issues to Sr Leads and Managers surrounding employee expectations, so management can provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to insure employees meet company expectations as needed.
- Support, promote, and execute company initiatives.
- Ensure that changes and problems get documented and communicated.
- Provide timely customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Communicate to the Sr. Lead Electrician, Electrical Manager and Project Manager on open issues, milestones, release status, timing, hours, and budget concerns.
- Responsible to assist the Sr. Lead Electrician and Electrical Manager in developing the electrical team through leadership, experience, positive attitude, encouragement, and training.
- Support the quoting team by giving input on concepts, hours, and material costs.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Demonstrate a commitment to upholding the highest standards of safety, on time delivery, and quality of our products.
- Assist Sr. Lead Electrician and Electrical Manager on holding team accountable to company policy and procedure.
- Effectively and safely: Troubleshoot wiring and circuits, wire according to NEC, read and understand schematics
- Coordinate tear down and installation. This begins in the design phase to help the engineer break up the job into sections sized to ship. Determine sequence of tear down and figure out tools and resources to do install.
- High school diploma, or equivalent certification, 3-4 years’ electrical experience
- Related vocational education preferred
- Journeyman’s card preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate Excel.
- Proficient in: schematic interpretation, panel building, machine wiring, and troubleshooting
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a focus on safety and quality.
- Proven ability to accept and give direction, set expectations, and hold team members accountable to meet timing, budget, and customer expectations.
- Ability to train and mentor.
- Ability to maintain a steady pace while bending, kneeling, climbing ladders, and climbing onto and beneath machines.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as required.
- Ability to obtain a Hi-Lo (Fork Lift), Aerial Platform and Overhead Crane license, along with Lock Out Tag Out training, while employed at JR.
- Ability to provide own hand tools and tool box suitable for the job (a list of those recommended will be
- Travel at least 20% of the time may be required. This may include domestic and international travel depending on the project.