Ensure profitable business growth of an Operating Unit, with responsibility across multiple countries for all global Product Groups within a Business Unit.
- Oversee country-level operations management of the Unit. Implements the Hub Business Unit strategy and ensures business development in the operating unit, with full responsibility for profit and loss (P&L).
- Provides input to Hub Business Unit strategy.
- Evaluates opportunities in allocated local markets and decides appropriate activities in line with the strategy.
- Ensures profitable business growth through development of performance targets in line with Hub Business Unit targets and ensures achievement through regular oversight and definition of improvement actions as needed.
- Leads and manages the production facilities within the Operating Unit and ensures local plans to achieve targets are implemented.
- Improves manufacturing technology and competence in line with Hub Business Unit strategy.
- Drives productivity, delivery performance and cost optimization.
- Oversees execution of high-quality products, services and processes
- Monitors quality metrics, identifies opportunities for improvement in local execution, and oversees improvement activities.
- Responsible for Sales demand orders and growth. Builds and maintains strong relationships with new and existing customers to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and improve net promoter scores (NPS).
- Ensures the execution of projects according to agreed targets in terms of schedule, quality, financial results and customer satisfaction.
- Implements HSE and business compliance standards and regulations within the unit.
- Ensures a safe working environment and champions continuous improvement of HSE processes.
- Ensures the unit is managed with integrity and personally lives Hitachi Energy values and Group standards.
- Implements and ensures compliance with global and local standards, rules, tools, policies and processes related.
- Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed.
- Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- A degree in Engineering ideally. MBA or Higher education degree will be highly valuated.
- More than 10 years of experience managing operations, preferable in Chile, Peru or Colombian Market.
- Must show successful experience in generating revenue, profitability and execution.
- Experience leading teams in Matrixial environment.
- Advanced English level