Hitachi Vantara Federal
Hitachi Vantara Federal transforms United States secure federal agencies from data-rich to data-driven. We are a trusted advisor for our customers' mission-critical data needs. From intelligent data platforms and digital infrastructure systems to consulting expertise, we deliver resilient digital products, processes, and experiences that accelerate innovation and create competitive advantages for the United States federal government. Hitachi Vantara Federal is a FOCI-mitigated subsidiary of Hitachi Vantara. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
The Solutions Consultant plays a key role in the customer solution architecting process, providing pre-sales software, hardware and services technical expertise. Working closely with the Hitachi Vantara Federal Sales and Accounts Teams, other Hitachi Vantara Federal consultants, and customer representatives, the Solutions Consultant provides support ranging from initial quotes to leading service engagements.
Uses project management and customer relationship skills to align Hitachi Vantara Federal's Technology solutions with customers' business strategies. Location: DC/MD/VA/RemoteResponsibilities
• Work proactively with Sales on large and complex opportunities, helping to position service philosophy, delivery, and best practices.
• Gathers data on customer business issues, analyzes solutions, and employs this information in Hitachi Vantara engagements.
• Engage with the Account teams and partners to support the technical positioning of the Hitachi Vantara portfolio of services and solutions.
• Uses understanding of customers' business needs and knowledge of industry trends in one or more disciplines (Data Management/Protection, Data Intelligence, Data Analytics, Virtualization, and Applications) to identify the appropriate services.
• Demonstrate a client centric approach to ensure proposed solutions have technical impact, operational effectiveness and meet desired business outcomes.
• Maintain a strong knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies such as Server technologies, Virtualization/VMware, Business Continuity, Data Protection, SAN, LAN/WAN Concepts and Architectures.
• Identification of technical skill requirements and effort estimation for delivery of solutions
• Based on level of effort, develop pricing for our infrastructure, content, and analysis services for proposal opportunities
• Development of customer Statements of Work to ensure service engagements meet customer requirements and objectives.
• Provide input into and development of standard templates and artifacts.
• Participate in client RFI, RFP responses, positioning appropriate services and providing technical write-ups as required.
• Provide technical guidance and/or Project Management for post-sales service engagements.
• Act as liaison with Hitachi Vantara Global Services organization for assistance with scoping/development of SOWs
• Work with Hitachi Vantara Global Services organization to provide delivery resources for delivering on HVF professional services where needed.Experience
• 7+ years of experience in a consulting pre-sales role in the storage industry
• A bachelor's degree or equivalent formal education
• Strong customer relationship skills and executive-level presence
• Experienced in project management.
• Track record of success in business technology related sales
• Familiar with Hitachi Vantara Federal marketing programs or competitor's programs.
• Proven ability to add positive value to consultative multi-skilled teams consisting of customers, third parties, and Hitachi individuals.
• Proven ability to manage interpersonal relationships effectively.
• An understanding of the market conditions and requirements in the business specialty area.
• Good knowledge of ITIL or similar consultative best practice or methodology.
• Knowledge of the techniques, sensitivities, and issues around solution selling.
• Specialized understanding of storage-related business issues and needs.
• Generalized understanding of one or more of the following disciplines: Data Management/Protection, Data Intelligence, Data Analytics, Virtualization, and Applications.
• This role must demonstrate a clear depth of technical understanding of the entire portfolio of products including Digital Infrastructure components; File, Block and Object Storage, Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Management Software and Hybrid Cloud SolutionsCompetencies
• Able to write well-structured reports with clear, logical and succinct language.
• Able to develop well-structured presentations with informative and well-presented information appropriate for the desired audience.
• Personable - able to represent Hitachi Vantara positively to customers and build positive relationships.
• Persuasive - able to influence effectively.
• Articulate - possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to work in unstructured environments and situations and prioritize effectively.
• Able to manage time effectively.
• Organized - able to coordinate resources and tasks effectively.
• Ability to get to and from client and work locations, valid driver's license required.
Great careers start with growth and innovation and here at HV Federal, our mission is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary!
As part of our overall strategy and commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Hitachi Vantara Federal requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements under applicable federal, state, and local law. If you have any questions about this policy or require an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief, please contact Jennifer Shelton, Director Human Resources. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and equality.
Hitachi Vantara Federal is committed to building a strong, inclusive culture that embraces diversity in our business. We will foster a sense of belonging by:
• Recruiting, retaining, developing, and mentoring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization.
• Listening and providing opportunities for feedback to create an environment that values employees' perspectives and unique experiences.
• Striving to hold ourselves accountable as an organization, as individuals, and as leaders to learn, grow and continue to evolve our DEI strategy.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.