Mechanical Designer for Power Transformer
Join Hitachi Energy and work in a team dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
If you have a solid interest in technology and a creative and intuitive personality, we can offer opportunities in an international environment where you will be a part of our technical team and participate in the development of your work process. Become our new mechanical designer for power transformers and be part of a great team within a successful business unit.
We are looking for Mechanical or Electrical Design Engineers with preferably 2 years + experience in design of power transformer. This role will be based in the Power Transformer Factory in Córdoba, Spain.
- As a Designer, you will decide different components to be installed on our power transformers based in customer specifications and international and local standards, design different parts using a 3D cad software, calculate different elements of the windings, core and insulation and prepare drawings for manufacturing.
- Do you have the necessary skills and drive for quality and reliability, the ambition to be part of a team to conduct big international projects, coordinating with various departments as well as a keen interest in technical problem solving? If so, this is your opportunity to take up a new challenge designing mechanically our power transformers based on the customer specification and factory requirements.
- Since each transformer is tailor made to suit customer needs, you will work closely with the end customer, sales, project management and electrical design department when developing an optimal technical solution based on quality and cost optimization.
- Perform calculations on the different parts of the transformers based on static forces, dynamic forces, electromagnetic behavior of the materials, temperatures and environmental conditions. Calculations might be done either using 2D or 3D software
- Assist our workshop during the manufacturing process as a part of the daily work.
- Might be involved in tender and quotation processes and will be participating in final orders for transformer designs, may conduct design reviews with end customer, and provide technical support to our sales and Project Management department.
- Prepare specifications, technical reports and related documents in accordance with requirements, established formats and general instructions.
- Support and facilitate technical collaboration in case of critical issues at customer sites
- Review and analyze a variety of engineering data, Customer Specifications, documents & reports.
- Consult with other engineering groups to ensure that specified engineering criteria are suitable for the proposed application and recommend revisions, as appropriate.
- Participate in the investigation of related technical issues and the establishment of procedures & corrective actions.
- Develop solutions that allow a design to value approach: Lean, standardization of models and processes, sistemic thinking, robustness of the design and ability to apply lessons learned.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering with a major in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Preferably 2+ years of professional experience working with designs and CAD model.
- Fluent in English and Spanish, both written and spoken.
- Sole responsibility for technical solutions, independence and resolution are important qualities, as is a curious mind and a flair for innovation and business.
- Solid experience in Creo software (or similar 3D CAD: Catia, Solid works, etc.) and Autocad software.
- Capability in a 3D analysis package would be considered as a plus (e.g. Ansys).
- Strong level of self-motivation and structured approach to work. Good interpersonal and communication skills.