Engineering Assistant Manager
Job ID: R0022980
Date Posted: Jun 5, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY TAIWAN CO., LTD.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Knowledge & Skills:
- Hands on experience with high voltage protection and control system engineering design including schematics preparation, review of engineering documents, protection relay configuration and setting, testing commissioning/ troubleshooting. Knowledge of substation primary equipment & basic protection functions is desirable.
- You will be well versed with Power system, substation, MV/HV switchgear and protection relay knowledge is an advantage.
- Familiarity with substation automation systems, Remote Terminal Unit (RTU), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Gateways will be a key differentiator.
- Conversant with design tools like AutoCAD or equivalent for substation layouts, cable schedules, wiring and termination charts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential, proven ability to handle customer comments and approval responses to support project manager in project engineering is a must.
- Acts as the champion for Hitachi Energy processes and policies, contributes to development of standard processes and work instructions by adopting Hitachi internal as well as industry best practices. Ensures lessons learned from all execution are analyzed and conclusions are incorporated as continuous improvement actions.
- You will promote and enforces safe working environment by enforcing and supporting adequate HSE measures in all activities undertaken by himself & the team, follows ethics and compliances as per company guidelines.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferable in Engineering Major in Electrical or Automation Control or similar field.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in SAS/SCADA domain
- Proficiency in both Spoken and Written English is mandatory.
- Deliver Results - Prioritize, Act, Achieve
- Results orientation - drive to exceed goals & improve business practices for higher performance levels.
- Teamwork & collaboration - actively demonstrate teamwork & facilitate collaboration.
- Act Responsibly with safety, Integrity & Transparency