Data is a prime asset critical to the success of any organization, and at Hitachi Vantara, its value is used to transform the way we do business by providing insight to drive new products, make process improvements, and enable strategic business decisions. We're looking for a Data/Business Analyst who is passionate about data and relentless in the pursuit of its value. You'll join a small team in Product Operations & Corporate Strategy as an individual contributor. This role is an excellent opportunity to work across multiple business areas: including but not limited to Product Managers & Engineers, Finance, Senior Management, and other BI Teams.
You'll have a consultative role in the high-level architecture where you'll spend time understanding existing data structures to aid in the development of standards and processes for all things data. Your experience will be drawn upon to collect, store, analyze, and visualize data in ways that make meaning for both internal and external stakeholders to meet current and future needs.
We are highly motivated people who are not afraid to take risk and are determined to succeed. Together we will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.Essential Job Functions
- Collects, interprets, and analyzes more complex data across his/her area of responsibility to support management decisions and improve inefficiencies
- Develops and executes data exploration, profiling, and mining analyses
- Ensures data integrity and develops procedures for increasing the quality and accuracy of information from multiple data sources
- Maintains an understanding of how the data contained in the various systems are utilized and can triangulate various aspects of the data into a usable format to support decision making
- Establishes and maintains strong knowledge of data warehouse database design, data definitions, system capabilities, related programming languages, and data integrity issues.
- Develop metrics that can be used to drive business decisions
- Assist in formulating strategies around data management, data governance, and data quality improvements
- Serves as a resource to advise management & business stakeholders on use of quality business analytics, tools, and methods to improve efficiency, accuracy, and interpretation of various business metrics
- Collaborate with teams and participate in interactive discussions including and sharing observations around analysis
- Analyzes business user needs, documents requirements, and facilitates the identification of gaps in available data; collaborates with business areas to determine best means to fill those gaps
- Work effectively within and across Business Operations, Finance, IT and other teams to execute projects and roadmap items
- Generates reports, and aids in transforming base transactional data into meaningful information to drive informed dialog and strategy development with internal and external stakeholders
- Design recurring or ad-hoc reports, data extracts and dashboards
- Present alternative BI solutions, using creative-thinking expertise and solution prototypes, to ensure effective reporting/analysis
- Keeps abreast of trends and best practices in the industry to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge as it relates to business intelligence
- Be a catalyst for innovation and growth within Business Operations
- 5+ Years of data analytics, data mining, and/or reporting experience that directly aligns to the responsibilities of this position
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving, and organizational skills; attention to detail; and ability to coordinate multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- A strong understanding of Master Data Management concepts; data structures/metadata and Governance models
- Strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity
- The ability to take a consultative approach during request intake and iterations. Our customers have varying degrees of intimacy with their data. You should be able to interpret what solutions to provide, based on the questions asked.
- Self-motivation, with the ability to work effectively as a member of a team or independently as the assignment requires
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build strong relationships with internal clients, and a successful track record of collaboration toward achieving objectives
- Experience in a Salesforce environment
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) expertise a must
- Experience in a query language such as SQL or equivalent
- Experience with relational databases and knowledge of statistical software
- Experience in an analytical language such as R, SAS, or Python is a plus
- Experience with Pentaho, Tableau, or Power BI is a plus
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.