Act as a business partner to the relevant business manager. Lead local Controlling team to optimize financial performance within an assigned Business Units/Product Group. Support effective business decisions by monitoring, analyzing, and interpreting financial data in order to evaluate various business alternatives and recommend the most appropriate business solutions.
- You will contribute to the definition of the strategy for the business unit, serve as the key partner for the relevant business leader in determining strategy for area of responsibility, align with wider strategy, implementing, and making adjustments in implementation as needed. Maintain constant contact with relevant other managers and Controllers regarding financial, market and customer situation and outlook.
- You will translate strategy into business plans and establish measurable targets, oversee the business planning and forecasting process for the area of responsibility and serve as the interface to HQ/Country CFO/Global/Local Manager and evaluate financial implications of various strategic decisions, build scenarios and recommends actions.
- You will monitor progress achieved and provide insight and analysis to support operational decision-making, identify issues, advises management on action plans and operational strategies to resolve, drive appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency. Manage and closely monitor the cash flow and takes action to improve Net Working Capital.
- You will identify and communicate commercial and financial risks, opportunities from business propositions, execute risk review procedures and processes in line with global policies and standards to minimize commercial, financial risks and exposure.
- You will establish, oversee processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information, ensure high quality of financial data and business information in line with defined, standard and financial closing schedules.
- You will ensure transparency in financial reporting and disclosures, define and implement internal controls regarding financial and non-financial operations. Ensure compliance with corporate and country standards, regulations, and guidelines. Support internal and external audits.
- You will ensure timely and efficient communication with relevant Local/Country/Region Controllers, Accounting Center, and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency for area of responsibility.
- You will ensure (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guide, motivate and develop direct/indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Living Hitachi energy's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
Your background :
- Minimum Master’s degree, major in Finance or Accounting, the experienced bachelor will also be considered. ACCA, CPA or similar is considered an advantage.
- Relevant experience of 4-8 years in finance role (with some years of P&L responsibility and team leadership), ideally similar industry.
- Strong in business controlling and other tools, SAP, latest SAP S/4Hana would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated, willing to face different challenges, firm ownership, and good leadership capability.
- Hand-on willing to do a combination of repetitive and value added strategy tasks.
- Good communication and negotiation skills, willingness to work in a multi-country environment, and ability to communicate and collaborate within a global team and with internal/external partners.
- Result-oriented, independent, and flexible in committing to the business.
- Change leadership - define a case for change & mobilize individuals to change.
- Intercultural sensitivity and effectiveness - function well across cultures & act as facilitator between cultures.
- People leadership - engage team commitment & empower teams to perform.
- Available for domestic and oversea travel.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.