Job ID: R0023330
Date Posted: Jun 8, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY ITALY S.P.A.
Profession (Job Category): Project/Program Management
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
For our Business Unit Grid Automation based in Santa Palomba (Roma) we are looking for a Project Manager who will deal with projects regarding protection and control systems.
We are the specialists who digitalize power and automation networks, to protect and control the power grid. Driven by customer's needs and expectations, we develop innovative products and systems that solve complex energy and data communication challenges for utilities and industry, ensuring reliable, sustainable power for all. Safety, integrity, quality, and diversity are part of our DNA.
- Lead the project team allocated to the project, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks, and motivating and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones. Provide performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects;
- Define, jointly with the Project Controls department, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans;
- Ensure that the project follows execution best practices and Hitachi Energy policies. Effectively monitor and control project progress and efficient resource utilization. Monitor and control project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identify, qualify, quantify and manage project risks, and ensure that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Capture, analyse and share lessons learned throughout the project. Ensure that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Drive the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer;
- Ensure that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with Hitachi Energy policies and contractual agreements. Coordinate with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procure required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers. Support Supply Chain Management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes;
- Acts as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders;
- Ensure the project follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies;
- Live core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Bachelor / Master degree in Engineering, preferred Electrical or management Engineering;
- 3-5 years of experience in project management, preferably in complex and structured environments in the Industrial field;
- Experience in coordination of cross-functional disperse and multicultural teams
- PM certification is a plus
- Fluency in Italian and good knowledge of English (B2);
- Outstanding communication skills, proactivity and attention to details are required.