Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Security Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples, Italy.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Assure the design and implementation of the Cybersecurity System in order to achieve the requirements in terms of compliance, schedule, quality and cost imposed by the different contracts either for the Tender and Projects.
- Ensure the identification, the management and the fulfillment of the contractual requirements and customer requests
- Analyze customer supplied system specifications, decomposing the statements within such specifications into software requirements
- Identify gaps between customer requirements and Hitachi standard software products or COTS products
- Developing close working relationship with customer Cybersecurity representatives
- Create requirement documents, including high level design documents, interface control design documents and detailed software requirements and specifications, and requirements traceability documents.
- Be the primary technical interface to the customer throughout the life cycle of the project and act as technical liaison relative to the software development effort with other departments within the company working on the same project.
- Contribute to the identification and resolution of the interfaces with the main subsystems (e.g. Signaling, TLC, DCS, SCADA, etc.) and security systems (e.g. SIEM)
- Interface with internal customers (project managers, construction managers, project engineers, and application engineers) and external stakeholders (customers, suppliers, subcontractors, local authorities, external assessor) to ensure consistent communication and system integration.
- Develop and execute security management plan and commissioning plan, including resourcing, logistics, and scheduling. Onsite lead for commissioning and acceptance testing.
- Coordinate work sequences, schedules, resources and punch list items.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and execute testing protocols to achieve commercial operation, based on contractual requirements.
- Oversee commissioning and acceptance testing of the entire plant in a safe manner, including controls and communication networks, power supplies, auxiliary systems like fire detection, ventilation, HMI.
- Provide local/remote technical support troubleshooting during commissioning, and operation as needed.
- Develop customer training and handoff material to internal and external O&M teams. Develop a train-the-trainer program to enable successful handoffs for safe operation of the plant.
- Create professional commissioning and testing reports for internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Drive continuous improvement on developing and capturing technical problem solving knowledge to enable other organizations to effectively resolve customer problems and inquiries.
- Ownership of administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to: service reports, issue logging/tracking, job safety analysis, quality compliance.
- Guarantee the preparation and approval of the Design:
- Conceptual Design
- Cyber Security Management Plan
- High Level Risk Assessment based on the methodologies described in the standards (NIST 800-53, IEC 62443 and ISO 27000)
- Detail Risk Assessment (DRA) and Threat and Vulnerability Risk Assessment (TVA)
- Security Case (in according to IEC 62443-4-1 and EN 50129:2018)for the security assurance and security procedures (for incident management, patch and vulnerability management, asset and configuration management, etc.)
- Security Report (include the VA and PT test results)
- Undertake Cybersecurity activities as defined in the design documentation, e.g. vulnerability assessment
- Guarantee the continuous security monitoring of the System in accordance to the technology innovation
- Security Audits during the Project with the Customer
The Cybersecurity engineer shall be able to:
- Act keeping in mind the impacts of his/her own work on the whole “Company system” and understanding the economic consequences of his/her activities both on client and organizational perspectives. Propose simple and efficient solutions to meet customer needs.
- Commit to understanding and delivering against customer requirements, keeping them informed about progress on a specific activity/project. Actively seek information to understand customer circumstances, problems, expectations and needs.
- Provide contributions in defining personal stretching goals. Focus on new or more effective ways of improving his/her own work and meeting targets. Commit to exceed expectations.
- Set stretching and realistic targets for him/herself and his/her team, improving performance and benchmarks against industry standards and competition. Recognize and celebrate the achievement of milestones and goals.
- Understand areas of improvement and define a personal development plan to follow whose progress is regularly checked. Welcome new assignments for personal development.
- Understand markets and industrial trends and their changes and how they may impact the Company/the Group. Keep him/herself updated on products, services, markets and clients in order to plan activities.
- Adapt to different cultures and international environments establishing relationships that create business benefit.
- Accommodate for cultural differences to improve effectiveness and adapt leadership style depending on the situation (adherence to the team’s expectations).
- Compare him/herself and his/her team against the international best practices. Encourage the contribution of different people with different experiences and backgrounds in order to optimize outcomes. Pursue opportunities to learn about other cultures using an open-minded approach.
- Seek opportunities to expand and leverage knowledge across organizational boundaries. Draw upon multiple and diverse sources for ideas and inspiration. Examine and evaluate potential solutions before accepting any.
- Review performance and learn from mistakes. Be aware of technological/organizational developments that could provide innovative solutions to improve performance and add value. Target important innovation areas and develop solutions addressing meaningful work issues.
- Follow up the supplier of the cybersecurity technologies. Review the technical documentation produced by the supplier before the submittal to the Customer.
- Analyze the comments and requests received by the Customer on the Design and the Commissioning phases.
- Participate to the Factory and Site acceptance tests with the Customer.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Telecommunications System Architectures and Solutions
- ISO 27001 and 27005
- EN 50159
- NIST 800-53 and 800-82
- IEC 62443 family
- Backbone Transmission Systems and Elements
- IP Networking - Wired & Wireless
- System Integration knowledge
- SIEM technology experience
- Firewall Configuration and Management Knowledge
- Active Directory and Radius Configuration Management (802.1x)
- Nessus Tool Professional experience for Vulnerability and Penetration Tests
- SCADA security and knowledge of the main SCADA architectures and communication protocols
- Cisco Certificate CCNA, CCNA Security or CCNP is preferable title.
- Experience of undertaking or managing vulnerability assessments and penetration testing activities
- Experience of Patch Management and Configuration Management
Desired Skills & Knowledge
- Wireless Communication Systems
- Trunked Mobile Radio Systems
- Public Carrier Systems and Services
- Wiring Rules, cables, Codes and Regulations
- Network Management Systems
Knowledge of the main organizational processes:
- Bidding & costs estimation
- Facilitation of Customer meetings and workshops
- Project Plans & Procedures
- Project progress and reporting
- Interface Plans and Definitions
- Technical Documentation Development and Writing
- Factory Construction Processes
- System Integration & FAT Processes
- Equipment Installation Processes
- Test & Commissioning Processes
- Quality assurance
- Change management process
Education & Experience
- As minimum Bachelor’s , preferred master Degree in Telecom Engineering Degree or in descending order Computer/Information Science, Electronic Engineering
- From 1 to 3 years of Cybersecurity System Engineering expertise.
- Cybersecurity qualifications or certification is preferred
- Railway experience is preferred but also experiences in other telecom sectors can be considered (e.g. Oil&Gas, power energy companies, telecom operators, etc.).
Fluent in English.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.careers.hitachi.com.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail