Job ID: R0024032
Date Posted: Oct 24, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY TECHNOLOGY SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED
Profession (Job Category): IT, Telecom & Internet
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
The Cloud Services Intermediate DevOps Engineer objective is to ensure seamless deployment, availability and functionality of Hitachi Energy Enterprise Software applications and SaaS solutions hosted on Cloud and Data Center by the Infrastructure Operations team, and facilitate the effective delivery of service through:
· Software deployments and application upgrades using specialized tools and automations
· Ongoing support and maintenance of applications related infrastructure hosted and managed by Hitachi Energy’s Infrastructure Operations team on Cloud (Azure) and physical datacenters
· Driving collaboration between Infrastructure Operations with the Product Development DevOps team in order to define and continually improve deployment and upgrade processes
· Continually improving processes for timely and cost-effective creation and maintenance of new tenants for customer use, and deploying applications to customer tenants
· Implementing and/or enhancing a standard and centralized strategic monitoring solution eliminating multiple monitoring sources and processes
· Providing mentorship and subject matter expertise for ALL applications hosted by the Infrastructure Operations team in a 24*7 global support model
· Documenting application support best practices and processes as per templated laid out by the Infrastructure Operations team
· For any new Hitachi Energy products getting onboarded to be hosted and managed by the Infrastructure Operations team, take the lead and become a part of the initial adaptation team for such transitions, work with Product Development and DevOps teams to understand current deployment and upgrade processes and then apply the same to Infrastructure Operation’s teams standards, identify gaps and suggest and implement improvements through automation and innovation
· Provide effective 24*7 application and infrastructure support to ensure Service Level Agreements are met
· Design innovative solutions via automations to eliminate any manual and repeatable deployment and support tasks and improve operational effectiveness.
· Work with Kanban and Scrum methodologies followed by the Infrastructure Operations team
· Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology, information systems, or similar
· Minimum of 8+ years of relevant work experience in an industrial software or operations-focused environment, supporting business critical applications spanning multiple geographies, industries and domain.
· Minimum of 5+ years experience with a DevOps team involved with implementing software deployments in Azure or AWS
· Ability to thrive in a fast, high intensity, deadline driven environment, dealing with multiple projects
· Strong inter-personal and communication skills, ability to work with different teams within the organization and with partners, vendors and customers outside the organization.
· Willingness and flexibility to support a 24*7 support and Devops model by working early morning and late evening hours as necessary
· Demonstrable experience delivering high availability auto scaling containerised deployments in AWS or Azure
· Kubernetes & Docker experience
· Creation of Build and Release pipeline
· In depth understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, software configuration management, version control and release management
· A demonstrable understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle
· Ability to oversee and mentor junior application administrators, as well as report to management.
· Cloud Computing services, specifically Azure DevOps, containerisation such as Docker and containerisation orchestration such as Kubernetes
· Version control solutions, specifically Gitlab and GitHub
· Continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment tooling such as Jenkins
· Configuration management tooling such as Ansible
· Knowledge of writing yaml pipeline scripts
· Advanced knowledge of programming languages such as Java, and writing code and scripts.
· Ability to perform complex application and infrastructure debugging and work with various teams (both internal and external) and Product Development and QA teams to identify root causes and come up with innovative solutions
· Experience with network engineering and/or collaborating with network engineering teams and demonstrable experience with load balancing infrastructure ( like haproxy) for cloud and data center environments
· Advanced knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity.
· Collaboration tooling such as Atlassian toolset
· Good knowledge and hands on experience of Database technologies such as Oracle and Postgres
· Good knowledge and hands on experience of Windows and Linux based operating systems
· Experience of ITIL and IT Management systems, such as Salesforce, Jira, and Confluence