Meet our Team
We are the Cybersecurity Incident Response team, part of the Global Cybersecurity team at Hitachi Vantara, and we are passionate advocates of cybersecurity! We are charged with protecting the company's key information systems and data, and resonding to attacks, intrusions, and other security incidents. We are out-of-the-box thinkers, innovators, and team players. We constantly seek new and better ways of doing things. We need highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team who have positive attitudes, and want to be part of something special. We strive for nothing less than the very best cybersecurity incident response program! What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- The Cybersecurity Analyst has the primary responsibility for responding to security incidents in our environment including on endpoints, the network, and in the cloud. These incidents could be detected by you from monitoring our security toolset, or escalated alerts from our MSSP.
- The position also collaborates with other Incident Response team members in other regions (Americas and Asia).
- The position will interact and collaborate with practitioners across IT, including Help Desk, Desktop Operations, System Administration, Networking, and cloud environment administrators.
- During high priority incidents the analyst may be working with director and VP level people.
- With the dynamic and changing environments that we have the analyst must have a strong work ethic and be willing to learn new skills.
- The successful candidate will be able to articulate themselves well, explain difficult concepts in ways that are easy to understand, be a team player, willing to admit when they are wrong or have made a mistake, be ready to always back up their words with data and solid analysis, and always be seeking opportunity to grow.
- Working knowledge of EDR and Anti-Malware technology and platforms is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Security is required.
- Experience with Amazon AWS and Google Cloud is highly desirable.
- 3 years experience working in cyber security is required.
- Highly desirable for the candidate to have a security certification such as CISSP, CISM, GSEC, CEH, CISA, Security+ or other.
- Hitachi Vantara is a global company and the candidate will be interacting with staff remotely across Asia, Europe and the Americas where English is the language of choice. The candidate must be fluent in English.
- Strong working knowledge of networking concepts, the OSI model, firewalls, ACLs, load balancers, packet capture utilities such as Wireshark.
- Strong working knowledge and experience responding to host-based threats and risks, including ransomware.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with log analysis using a SIEM including writing and tuning rules for alerts, reading and interpreting logs from various platforms including Linux, Windows, and networking appliances.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge