Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates customers' innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- As a member of the PMO team, you will be part of an energetic and challenging team, interacting with senior stakeholders from Hitachi and our Clients,
- The role is responsible for the management and delivery of complex and multifaceted projects, from definition to delivery and completion, using the approved Delivery Service Office project management tools and methodology, in a rewarding and flexible environment.
- To undertake full project management responsibilities for multiple solutions and services projects, including complex, EMEA wide projects with multiple workstreams. Providing effective and inspiring project leadership to Global delivery staff, partners, suppliers and all project resources.
- The role is responsible for ensuring project success and that agreed Hitachi profit objectives are met or exceeded, within the agreed timescales, whilst maintaining an exemplary level of customer satisfaction, in a rewarding and flexible environment.
- You have experience (6+ years) working in a PMO function within a structured project management framework and have good knowledge of project management tools and techniques,
- Your English is fluent (min C1 level), knowledge of German is a plus,
- You are well organized, methodical and thorough in your approach to work with a good understanding of the 'big picture', while also having a keen eye for detail with strong analysis and critical thinking skills, excellent at analyzing and manipulating large datasets to produce reports and insights for senior managers,
- You are a strong leader and communicator with skill at managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness, confident encouraging project managers to complete their reporting and administrative tasks as well as summarizing project and financial status to senior managers,
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, advanced Excel (macros and vba) an advantage,
- Strives to do the "right thing", not just the "easy thing" and is courageous and decisive, prioritises effectively, maintains a clear focus and sees action through to delivery,
- Is energetic, determined, positive, goal focussed and consistent - even under pressure,
- Builds trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge